Universidad Autonoma de Queretaro
Description of Universidad Autonoma de Queretaro
- Established: 1951
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Queretaro, Mexico
- Language of instruction: Spanish.
Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro (UAQ) was founded in 1951 and is the highest public educational institution in Mexico. UAQ is focused on comprehensive preparation of specialists with a humanistic orientation and is open for free discussion of ideas in all areas of knowledge that it cultivates and enriches, passing them on to society through programs in the field of education, research and technological development.
The university is a part of the Asociación Nacional de Universidades e Instituciones de Educación Superior (ANUIES).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Universidad Autonoma de Queretaro
- University ranks 23rd in the national ranking
- According to world rankings, UAQ is included in the top 5% of the best educational institutions in the world
- 100% high-quality and socially significant educational programs with the highest level of evaluation from external organizations both in the country and abroad.
Facilities and equipment at Universidad Autonoma de Queretaro
The main campus of the university is located on Cerro de las Campanas ("Bell Tower") in Santiago de Queretaro - the capital and largest city of Queretaro in Mexico. The institution has campuses throughout the state in the cities of Amealco, Corregidora, Halpan, Tequiskapan and others.
University logistics includes:
- The library
- Biotechnological park equipped with an experimental facility, laboratories for food biotechnology, nutrition, biosystem engineering and microbial food safety
- Biological research laboratories equipped with apparatuses for the implementation of various molecular, genetic, cellular and structural methods, including scanning electron microscopy, fluorescence microscopy, etc.
- Engineering and research laboratories
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year.
- The cost of living in Queretaro = $ 311 -546 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you need:
- Education Documents
- Entry exams
- Certificate of Spanish
- Identity document
- Original and copy of birth certificate and CURP
- Motivation letter
- Resume (Master)
- EXANI III (Master)
- Two letters of recommendation (magistracy)
- Research proposal (Master)
- 2 photos
- Confirmation of payment of the administrative fee for the admission process.
Depending on the chosen educational program, additional requirements may be presented to applicants.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Universidad Autonoma de Queretaro
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.