- TOP-5 most important nuances for admission to schools in the USA
- Benefits of Admission and Education at America's Ranking Schools
Nowadays, an increasing number of students and their parents are thinking about studying abroad. An open question for foreign students who dream of getting an education in the USA remains the conditions for entering American schools and the procedure for preparing documents. In order to make the process of filing documents simple and understandable, it is worthwhile to perform several simple steps:
- Choose an educational institution
- Prepare a package of necessary documents
- Submit documents to the selected school.
From this list there are TOP-5 main nuances that you need to know before choosing schools in the USA.
TOP-5 most important nuances for admission to schools in the USA
For most students dreaming of getting an education in the USA, the admission process itself causes a lot of difficulties. Consider the main criteria for choosing a school in America:
1. The main characteristics of the school
Choosing the right educational institution is the first step to effective and interesting study abroad. What is worth paying attention to?
- Ranking of the selected educational institution. It is a reflection of the prestige of the selected school and shows the level of future opportunities of the applicant (for example, the level of infrastructure development).
- The feedback from students and their parents provides a more complete picture of the teachers, campus, and atmosphere of the institution.
- Academic study programs are an important part of the educational process. In addition to the names of the courses, it is worth paying attention to the list of disciplines for study.
- Extracurricular activities and excursions. For foreign students, a rich leisure program is a great opportunity to find friends, take up a favorite hobby or get acquainted with the history and culture of the country.
- Campus infrastructure. Pay attention to the facilities owned by the school, how the hostel and rooms look like, when they were built and renovated, etc. Having studied this question in advance, you can make living abroad comfortable and interesting for your child.
- The location of the school. In America, differences in climate and living standards between different states are especially noticeable, so when choosing an educational institution, you should pay attention to its location not only within the city, but also within the country.
2. The cost of education
Education in prestigious US schools is hardly cheap. On average, tuition fees in America for foreign students start from 25,000 $ to 30,000 $ per year. The cost of academic programs in top schools can reach up to 80,000 $ - 90,000 $ per year. Usually included in the price:
- Residence Residence
- Meals (full board - breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Educational materials
- Visiting some sections and circles
- Extracurricular Activities
- Examination fees.
Additional cost items are for obtaining a visa, insurance, airline tickets, registration fee, additional classes, leisure activities, excursions and pocket expenses.
The features of American schools include the availability of study grants that help significantly reduce the cost of education in the United States - for foreign students this is a great opportunity to fulfill their dream of studying in a foreign educational institution. In America, scholarships for sports achievements are widespread.
3. Deadlines for submission of documents
Despite the apparent complexity, enrolling in a US school is quite possible. To avoid difficulties with the submission of documents, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with all the requirements for an applicant in advance. Most often, an application for education must be submitted no later than 6-8 months before the start of the school year.
4. List of required documents for admission to American schools
The exact list of documents is best viewed on the website of the selected educational institution, but traditionally it includes:
- Application for admission
- Performance Information for the past 2-3 years
- English language certificates (IELTS or TOEFL)
- Recommendations from teachers
- Confirmation of financial solvency
- Rewards for sporting, creative, or research achievements.
Many schools conduct the SSAT test, which assesses the knowledge of the school curriculum and the foreign language of the student, and interviews for applicants. All documents are submitted with certified copies in English.
5. Age restrictions for applicants
America's top schools recruit international students from the age of 12. This is due to the fact that most of the educational institutions for foreign students are private boarding schools in the United States.
Benefits of Admission and Education at America's Ranking Schools
The American educational system has been widely recognized among students from all over the world. Here are prestigious schools, top colleges, elite universities and popular institutions. Education in a country, where advanced educational practices are being introduced, a huge number of international organizations work, the offices of the largest TNCs are located, the best research and educational institutions are located, has a number of advantages:
- Latest teaching methods
- Developed school infrastructure and modern equipment
- Highly qualified teachers
- Focus on each student's education
- Multicultural environment
- The opportunity to live in a developed country, occupying a leading position in the world arena
- Brilliant prospects for higher education in universities with a worldwide reputation, etc.