Taipei Medical University
Description of Taipei Medical University
- Established: 1960
- Type: Private Nonprofit Higher Education Institution
- Location: Taipei, Taiwan
- Rating: 490
- Language of instruction: English.
Taipei Medical University (TMU) was founded in 1960 and is a private higher non-profit educational institution in Taiwan. TMU is a world-class university with ten faculties, 6,000 students annually, where 7% of students are foreign nationals, and more than 40,000 graduates.
The university is part of the Open Course Ware Consortium (OCW) and the Joint Private Medical Universities Admissions System (JPMAS).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Taipei Medical University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The educational institution provides the opportunity to live in a hostel.
TMU Dining Room offers a good selection of dishes suitable for both local students and international students.
- TMU is in the best universities in the world and takes 10th place in the national ranking
- According to THE Asia University Ranking 2019, the university is in 64th position and 80th according to QS Asia University Ranking 2019
- The direction “Life sciences and medicine” is considered the strongest in the educational institution.
- TMU offers students distance learning programs, international exchange, double diploma and scholarships
- Taipei Medical University has 200 partner educational institutions worldwide.
Facilities and equipment at Taipei Medical University
The university is located in the capital of Taiwan - Taipei. The material and technical base of Taipei Medical University includes:
- The audience
- Training and computer labs
- High tech equipment
- Conference rooms
- The library
- 5 hospitals: TMU; Shuang Ho; Wang Fan and Ting Ningbo Medical Centers; Taipei Cancer Center
- Sports infrastructure.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year.
- Books and supplies = $ 500NT
- Taiwan National Health Insurance = $ 750NT
- Student accident insurance = $ 200NT / semester
- Alien Certificate = 1000NT $ / year
- The cost of living in Taipei = 17 574NT $ -29 761NT $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university, you must fill out an online application, pass the entrance exams and provide the following documents:
- Diploma + Transcripts
- Certificate of English Proficiency TOEFL
- Two letters of recommendation
- Declaration of intent
Applicants have the opportunity to apply for 3 programs, but each applicant can be admitted to only one program - those who apply for several programs should rank them in order of preference.
Requirements for applicants may vary depending on the chosen program.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Taipei Medical University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.