National Taiwan Normal University
Description of National Taiwan Normal University
- Established: 1946
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Taipei, Taiwan
- Rating: 455
- Language of instruction: Chinese, English.
National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU) was founded in 1946 and is the highest public educational institution in Taiwan. The leading academic areas of the university are: art, management, humanities and social sciences. Education at NTNU is conducted at 8 faculties:
- Fine and Applied Arts
- International studies
- Sports and recreation
The school is part of the OpenCourseWare Consortium (OCW).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in National Taiwan Normal University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The institution provides a hostel for students on campus.
- Cost of living = 12 600NT $ -24 700NT $.
Living in residences outside the campus will cost from $ 8,000NT to $ 16,000NT.
- NTNU is in the list of the best educational institutions in the world and in the top 10 of the best universities in the country, ranking 9th in the list
- The university is included in the TOP-400 educational institutions of the world in terms of teaching quality
- The university offers its students double degree programs and international exchange.
Facilities and equipment at National Taiwan Normal University
NTNU is located in Taipei, the capital of Taiwan. The material and technical base of the university includes its own library and sports facilities.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at NTNU consists of two semesters.
- The cost of living in Taipei = 17 593NT $ -29 794NT $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter NTNU you must:
- Certificate of education corresponding to the selected program
- Chinese Proficiency Certificate / Equivalent
- Autobiography and resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Training plan (1-3 pages).
The university may request additional documents or materials depending on the chosen study program.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about National Taiwan Normal University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.