Szent Istvan University
Description of Szent Istvan University
- Established: 1968
- Location: Gyor, Hungary
- Language of instruction: Hungarian, English
- Number of students: 15,000
- Type: state.
Szent Istvan University - one of the most popular among youth universities in Hungary - was founded in 1968 as a place of training in the field of architecture. Over time, others added to the architectural specialties, which made the institution multidisciplinary.
Today, Szent Istvan University has eight faculties where you can get a bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree. Teachers practice a personality-oriented approach, create all the conditions for continuous improvement of the quality of education and the growing popularity of research work.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Szent Istvan University
Accommodation, meals, prices
All students, including foreign ones, are provided with a place in the hostel. Payment depends on the accommodation option. There are canteens in educational and residential buildings where students can eat and buy food with them.
- Small student groups
- Bright student life
- The Sechenov Week is held annually at the university, during which Hungarian writers, actors, politicians, comedians and others become guests.
- The possibility of introducing research and development
- Practical orientation of training
- Personality oriented approach
- University leadership, which is famous for its openness and modern views
- Successful students can apply for internships in leading European companies
- Conditions for combining study and work from the first year.
Facilities and equipment at Szent Istvan University
The scientific activity of the educational institution is carried out in:
- Doctoral School of Law and Sciences
- Institute of Multidisciplinary Engineering
- Center for Regional and Economic Research
- Center for the study of plants, animals and food.
Classrooms are equipped with modern technology, sports complexes with playgrounds for playing basketball, volleyball, football. The campus has a cafeteria, a library with a reading room and self-study rooms, rooms for student organizations.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year at Szent Istvan University traditionally begins in the fall.
Students additionally pay for meals, accommodation, laundry, Internet access.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enroll in undergraduate applicants must:
- Pay a registration fee of 150 €
- Motivation letter
- Have an IELTS English level of at least 6.0
- Provide a certificate of secondary education or equivalent.
To receive an education in a master's program, you must provide:
- Bachelor's degree diploma with statement of marks
- Certificate confirming the level of English IELTS 6.0 or later
- Motivation letter.
Scholarships Szent Istvan University
In 2013, the Stipendium Hungaricun scholarship program for foreign students was launched , funded by the Hungarian government. The goal is to promote cultural understanding, economic and political relations between Hungary and other countries.
The scholarship holder receives:
- Tuition exemption
- A monthly scholarship, the size of which depends on the program of study
- Free student dorm room or partial compensation for city rent
- Health insurance.
Another aid option is a scholarship to students of the Christian faith, funded by the Fund for Assistance to Persecuted Christians.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Szent Istvan University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.