Budapest University of Technology and Economics (Budapesti Műszaki és Gazdaságtudományi Egyetem, BME) was founded in 1972 and is a prestigious institution of higher education in Hungary. To solve the main problems of a technical, informational, natural-scientific and economic nature and to train specialists in the field of business and management, personnel are being trained for the corresponding sectors of the national economy. The university has 8 faculties:
BME is in the TOP 5 of the best universities in the country and is a member of the Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research (CESAER) and the European University Association (EUA).
Undergraduate programs at the university are implemented in the following specialties:
BME master's programs are implemented in the following specialties:
The BME MBA program has content-specific features that distinguish it from other similar disciplines of leadership education: it intertwines the problems of digital transformation and the fourth industrial revolution in the technical environment and strengthens relationships and opportunities for social and environmental responsibility.
Graduates of the program are able to lead people, manage the activities of organizations, enterprises and develop a strategic approach to creating and developing a business.
The university is located in the capital of Hungary - Budapest - and includes its own library.
BME has a two-semester school year.
To enter the university you must provide:
Applicants must write entrance tests in mathematics, physics, English and freehand drawing for applicants to the Faculty of Architecture.
Any documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation into English.
Notarization is required for each document related to education, even if the original is in English.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.