Today, California offers a large number of summer camps for students, including linguistic and academic aspects. Adventure programs with the study of English in elite and prestigious institutions give an opportunity to have a fun vacation and relax. Different prices and costs make them available to different categories of the population. The rankings and reviews leave no doubt about the quality of the education.
- Wide range of programs
- Combination of studies and outdoor activities
- Available for children with low language skills
- Adapted specifically for foreign students
- Qualitative and interesting courses
- Highly qualified teachers, trainers and staff
- Full immersion in the language environment
- A confirmation certificate is issued
- Soft and warm climate of the sea coast.
The programs are usually held in June, July and August and last from 1 to 6 weeks. The infrastructure of the state and campuses makes it possible to purposefully develop sports and creative skills, especially related to the sea and aspects of show business. Students are divided into groups by age and level of ownership. Language lessons are held in classes of 10-12 people, which allows teachers to build trust and give maximum attention to everyone. Depending on the age, different methods are used. Great attention is paid to the development of the ability to correctly and accurately use the language in everyday life. Language classes are usually held before lunch from Monday to Friday in a light, relaxed atmosphere.
Afternoon and weekends are devoted to sports, creativity, excursions and activities. The orientation can be very different - from swimming to mountain biking and mountaineering, from painting to motion picture and direction - the list of available hobbies is extensive, and here everyone will find the suitable Sport for themselves (an approximate list):
- Field hockey
- American football
- Extreme views.
Types of creativity and art:
- Theatrical art
- Theatrical performances (accompaniment)
- Acting in the theater and cinema
- Music directions
- Playing musical instruments
- Sound recording
- Graphic arts
- The photo.
Academic disciplines (optional, not available everywhere):
- World Languages
- Natural Sciences
- Humanitarian sciences
- American and British Literature
- World literature
- Environmental Science
- Computer science
- Civil engineering.
Saturday or Sunday are full day excursions - and the whole summer is not enough to visit all the sights of the state:
- Alley of fame and the alley of stars
- Beverly Hills
- Yosemite National Park
- Death Valley
- The Chinese Theater of Grauman
- The Golden Gate Bridge
- Museum of Modern Art in San Francisco
- Aerospace Museum of San Diego
- Stratosphere Tower
- Mount Shasta
- The Museum of Railway Modeling in San Diego
- Madame Tussauds in Hollywood
- National Monument of Cabrillo
- Fort Ross
The host country provides accommodation and meals. Residence - the most common type, it provides accommodation in comfortable hostels on campus, mainly in 1-2-bedroom bedrooms. There is everything you need - common recreation areas, living rooms, laundry, internet and television. Meals - full board (3-5 times a day). The second type is the host family, which is also very popular. A separate bedroom is allocated to the student, he "joins" the routine and life of the family, spends time with them. Breakfast and dinner are held at home, and lunch in the camp. All families are carefully selected. The third type, not so popular is an individual accommodation in a hotel or apartment. It is not available everywhere and is in demand under certain conditions.
The cost of participation vary depending on the institution, direction and other conditions. In general, the spread of prices is high, so everyone can find a suitable program. The price usually includes:
- Excursions and activities.
Additional costs (not included in the price) are made up of air travel, insurance, visa processing fees, pocket money. The enrollment process consists of several simple steps:
- Choosing the right camp / course
- Application processing
- Provision of a package of necessary documents
- Consent to compliance with the rules
- Visa application.
It should be noted that, despite the large number of proposals, booking and registration of participation must be made in advance, especially in prestigious institutions.
Examples of children's camps in California:
- University of California (UCLA Los Angeles). Standard English course, duration from 1 to 4 weeks. It has an academic orientation and a large number of activities for adaptation to the American education system. Well suited to those who are planning to enter the state and US institutions in the near future.
- Webb Schools. Directions: language + rest and excursions; "Young leader"; paleontology. Preparation for TOEFL or IELTS is possible. Hikes and alloys, shopping and visiting monuments are arranged. Students take part in field research and excavations, develop management skills and business.
- Idyllwild Arts Academy. The renowned academy offers directions: computer design, choreography, cinema, music, theater, fine arts, ceramics, fashion and design, painting and graphics, photography, jewelry, writing, poetry.
- Kaplan summer Los Angeles Whittier College. General course and rich extra-curricular life. A great variety in sports and creativity.
- Southwestern Academy. General English, optional addition of lessons "English as a Foreign Language" (ESL), preparation courses for GPA, SAT , TOEFL. Activities: intellectual games, competitions, quizzes, sports, excursions and hikes, shopping, attractions.
- Summer Camp OISE San Francisco. Intensive education with an emphasis on academic language and communication skills. A lot of activities for cultural integration.
- Academy of Art University. Directions: acting, advertising, animation, architecture, art education, art history, communication, fashion, visual arts, game development, graphic design, illustration, jewelry and watches, landscape architecture.
- Meritas Summer School at Pepperdine University Malibu. Offers a unique course in environmental science and leadership. It includes the study of marine biology, oceanography, ecology and environmental protection, and much more. Field research and measurements are carried out.
- FLS California State University Fullerton. Practical language course and professional surf training with certified instructors and trainers.
A children's camp in California is a great opportunity to relax, learn a lot, discover your potential and make friends from all over the world!