San Francisco is a great place to learn English on vacation in America. This famous business, financial and tourist center of the country is full of attractions worthy of attention. There are in San Francisco and everything necessary for outdoor activities.
The lessons take place in the morning. Afternoon and evening time are reserved for leisure activities. The study of English is not limited to academic studies. The necessary knowledge and skills students receive during cognitive walks and trips, thematic events. Such a program is the visiting card of the OISE San Francisco camp.
Summer Camp is located on Market Street. Here, in the center of San Francisco, is the main commercial, entertainment, tourist infrastructure. This practically does not restrict the camp students in the choice of leisure programs. Some people like to ride the cable car, talking to new friends in English. Someone prefers beach pastime. And others devote time to visiting museums, galleries of the city.
USA program - intensive English course with emphasis on communication and academic aspect. The program with an academic load of 17.5 hours per week includes classroom classroom activities, interactive classes and off-campus training. The main lessons take place before lunch. After lunch, 1.5 hours students devote to English communication. Training outside the campus takes place during excursions and other outreach activities.
Attention is paid to studying English grammatical structures, general and academic vocabulary, developing reading skills, listening, analyzing the text, and then discussing it, and developing written language. On discussion lessons and language master classes, students are invited to discuss interesting topics, including the history and culture of America.
Start dates : in the summer, the duration of the courses is 2/3/4 weeks.
Requirements for admission : English - from A1.
The result of the training : improvement of spoken English, expansion of vocabulary, acquisition of important academic skills, cultural assimilation.
Class size : up to 8 people.
Duration of the lesson : 60 minutes.
The price includes: tuition, accommodation, meals, transfer.
OISE Summer Camp Students in San Francisco live on the campus of the University of Berkeley. The residence offers separate rooms with furniture. The bathrooms are in general access (location - on the block).
The food is organized according to the boarding house scheme. Standard and dietary rations are available.
In the camp, an extensive extracurricular program is offered to students' attention. In the evening, teens can attend thematic events, interest clubs, film screenings, etc. The program of the day off provides for field trips. Students are invited to visit Santa Cruz, San Jose, one of the nearby nature reserves. Also available beach entertainment, water park.
The camp students use the infrastructure of the University of Berkeley. Their attention is offered to spacious audiences, a computer class, a resource center with thematic literature and methodological materials. For recreation, there is a lounge area with vending machines.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.