- Education in hotel business abroad for foreign students
- The cost of teaching hotel business in Europe and Switzerland: list, prices, ranking
Education in tourism, hotel business and cooking is now popular among foreign students. The best higher schools in these areas are located in Europe, and the most prestigious educational institutions - in the homeland of this industry, in Switzerland. Swiss educational institutions teach professional managers for hotels and restaurants with leading positions in the world market. Owners of such qualifications are guaranteed to be able to get a job after graduation, as tourism is a constantly developing and growing direction, and the demand for specialists from year to year is only increasing.
Education in hotel business abroad for foreign students
The duration of study at the universities of the hotel business and tourism is directly related to the level of basic education. The minimum period of study in the higher schools of the hotel industry and restaurant business will be one academic year - after its completion the student receives a certificate for the qualification of the manager. With such a document, a graduate of the course can get a job and gain experience directly in a restaurant or hotel. To complete the first stage of higher education (baccalaureate), the student must be weaned for another 1.5 to 2 years, to receive the title of master - another plus one year. Young people who already have a certain qualification in such universities can improve it.
The main advantage of studying in the tourist direction is connected with its practical orientation. Most programs on restaurant management, hotel business and culinary skills offer students the same amount of theory and practice. Usually these are 2 semesters of the academic year: one is dedicated to internship and experience in a really operating hotel or restaurant, and the other is to develop a theoretical base. Conducting internships for students at universities of hospitality is given special attention: testing of acquired knowledge takes place in conditions that are as close to real as possible. Leading higher schools of tourism cooperate with many well-known companies and corporations of the tourist and restaurant industry. Students can easily get to practice at such leading companies as Four Seasons hotels, Hilton or Hyatt, rental accommodation Booking, famous brands Louis Vuitton, Disneyland, The Ritz-Carlton - this is not the whole list of potential employers for university graduates of tourism, hotel business or cooking.
Further we will tell about some prestigious higher schools with high ranking and popularity among students from all corners of the world:
- Cesar Ritz (Switzerland) is a well-known school of tourism and hotel business not only in the country, but all over the world. The famous university has campuses in 2 cities - Le Bouvre and Brig, as well as several branches in other countries (New Zealand, USA, Australia). Here, students can receive a certificate in one of the areas, improve their qualifications, receive degrees of higher education - bachelor and master. The cost of annual education is from 17,000 Swiss ₣ to 36,000 Swiss ₣.
- Stenden University (CHN) (Netherlands). This university of vocational education appeared not so long ago - in 2008 - after the merger of 2 major institutions (the University of CHN and the University of Drenthe). Since its opening, Stenden University has quickly entered the TOP-10 of the country's best institutions. The university has international branches in other countries - South Africa, Qatar and Thailand. The educational process here is only in English. In this Dutch university, foreign students will be able to find any programs for any purpose - preparatory courses, certification, advanced education and not only. The cost of annual education here will be from 7,000 € to 10,000 €.
- Glion Institute of Higher Education (Switzerland). The Glion Institute takes a leading position in many rankings and is a prestigious educational institution for obtaining education in the field of hotel business. This institution shows high results in the statistics of the subsequent employment of its students. In Switzerland, the institute has 2 campuses - in the small comfortable cities of Boule and Glion. The cost of annual education in a bachelor's degree or in a magistracy is from 25,000 Swiss ₣ to 35,000 Swiss ₣.
- Irish-American University, American College Dublin (Ireland). This is an American college in the center of Dublin, where educational programs are organized in conjunction with the US-Swiss Institute of Hospitality. This means that after completing some educational course, the student receives a double diploma in qualification "Hotel Management". The territory of the college occupies 3 historical buildings in Georgian style on Merrion Square. The duration of study here can be from 2 to 4 years. The cost of annual education here is 7,000 € - 8,000 €, depending on the program.
Of course, this is only a small part of the educational institutions in Switzerland and Europe, where you can get a high-quality higher education in hospitality and hotel business. Universities, institutes and higher schools, specializing in the education of new specialists in the tourism industry, abroad a few dozen.
The cost of teaching hotel business in Europe and Switzerland: list, prices, ranking
The price of educational services in the tourism sector will depend directly on the particular educational institution located in Switzerland or in other European countries. In addition, each institution has its own points included in the indicated cost of educational services. For example, in the Irish college they are directly involved in the educational process, and other organizational issues (accommodation, meals, administrative fees, visa, air tickets, etc.) will require additional costs. But in the Swiss universities, which we described earlier, the price includes all the points related to the comfortable placement of the student. In this case, the student will additionally pay only the visa and air tickets in both directions.
However, studying on specialties related to tourism, young people can cover part of the costs of getting an education. This will help mandatory production education, which is almost always paid. In addition, scholarship programs and educational grants are widely distributed at European universities - both local residents and foreign students can claim them.