- Why choose a school in Toronto
- Features of teaching in schools in Toronto
- How to enter a prestigious school in Toronto
- TOP-5 Best Boarding Schools in Toronto
Canada has long been on the list of the most popular destinations for foreign studies on a par with America, Britain and Switzerland. Toronto is one of the most comfortable cities in Canada. In Toronto is Young Street - the longest street in the world, a huge number of museums, there are many music festivals and cultural events. And here there are hundreds of educational institutions, thanks to which Toronto with confidence can be called a city of youth.
Why choose a school in Toronto
- Diplomas from Canadian schools are recognized throughout the world;
- Toronto schools are not inferior in quality to prestigious European educational institutions;
- The cost of study in Canada is lower than in the US, UK or Switzerland;
- Canadians are distinguished by hospitality: a foreign student will feel comfortable here;
- Toronto is famous for its universities: University of Toronto, York University, Ryerson University, OCAD University. These educational institutions make a great contribution to world science. For example, it was at the University of Toronto that they created insulin and discovered stem cells, while at York University they study Mars;
- Toronto is considered the fourth city in the world in terms of standard of living;
- Canada does not have a very strict migration policy, so studying at a Canadian school is the first step to moving to this developed and secure country.
Features of teaching in schools in Toronto
Canadian high schools accept students from 12 to 16 years old. One of the main principles of Canadian education is the freedom and independence of students. On students do not exert pressure when choosing educational programs, they independently determine their own schedule.
In Canada, both private and public schools are open to foreign students. Secondly, it is cheaper to study - for foreign students the price for a year will be from 12,000 CAD $. However, when choosing a public school, parents will have to independently resolve the issue of living with the child and seek him a guardian in Canada. This option is more suitable for students who come to the country with their parents.
In private schools not only solve legal issues and provide a boarding school, but also provide a very high quality of education, thanks to which graduates easily enter the top universities of the world. The cost of education in boarding schools is from 30,000 to 60 ,000 CAD $ a year.
Canadian private schools are usually well equipped with everything necessary for sports and creativity. Students have access to hockey arenas, tennis courts, swimming pools and stadiums. Students develop their creative abilities on circles of drawing, sculpture, photography, music, dance and acting.
Toronto schools teach in English. If an applicant has difficulties with English, language courses are organized for him, which help him to quickly improve his level.
Schooling is completed with the Graduation Certificate or the Advanced Placement program. As in American schools, in order to obtain a certificate, it is necessary to collect a certain number of points / educational credits during the educational course. They are given out for academic success and volunteer work.
In the most prestigious schools in Toronto, students are involved in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, which you can pass successfully without exams to the leading universities of the world.
To enter a private school, the applicant will need to pass several exams:
- IELTS or TOEFL for proficiency in English or DALF for knowledge of French;
- The SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test) or CAT (Canadian Achievement Tests) test;
- Some schools ask you to write an essay, a motivation letter or an additional internal exam.
After submitting the application, the entrant will have to pass a personal interview and a medical examination.
- St. Andrew's College. Elite school for boys, which rely on the diverse development of students in the academic, creative and sports fields. Price: from 55,000 CAD $.
- Columbia International College. Here, special attention is given to foreign students and their preparation for admission to universities. Price: from 44,454 CAD $.
- Brookes Shawnigan Lake. Prestigious boarding school, in which the IB program is available. Particular emphasis in the school is done on the study of the arts. Price: from 47,500 CAD $.
- Trafalgar Castle School. Elite boarding school for girls, 98% of graduates of which successfully enter the top universities of the world. Price: from 59,515 CAD $.
- Branksome Hall. Prestigious private school for girls in the heart of Toronto. Price: from 28,565 CAD $.