For foreign students in the leading American educational institutions there are many programs that will qualitatively prepare for studies at the university. Education in the US after the 8, 9, 10 class for students 14, 15, 16 years will be a smooth and useful springboard for foreign students on their way to the best universities, including the Ivy League.
For students after grades 8-9, the High School program is most suitable:
- Operates in public and private boarding schools
- Education for students is from 8 to 12 class
- The guys will be able to get high quality education and an excellent base in school subjects
- Thanks to this program, overseas students will be able to get acquainted with the American system of education and in the future they are comfortable studying at the next stages.
Items that are offered to foreign students in America:
- Natural Sciences
- Critical analysis of the text, analytical writing
- The Basics of Art
- Physical Education
- Composer's art
- International Management (11-12 grades)
- World history
- Critical analysis of the text and analytical writing
- Art (art in all directions)
After the 10th grade, students from abroad in America are advised to enter the Advanced Placement (AP) course:
- AP was developed after the Second World War by several American schools and top universities: Harvard, Yale and Princeton. The experimental course was to prepare students for university studies. Since then, the program has been significantly modified and
- The essence of the educational course is that graduate students study special subjects for 2 years, thus practically practicing at the level of the first year of the university
- Duration of education is 2 years (grades 11-12)
- Here the guys are purposefully preparing to enter universities
- Each school offers its own set of subjects for this program.
At the end of 2 years, students take exams on a mandatory basis, and while studying they earn student loans. Credits, or points, are necessary for students for successful completion of the course, and when calculating points, many nuances are taken into account:
- Doing homework
- Activity in seminars
- Additional tasks.
Students should select subjects on the study from the extensive list:
- History of art
- History of the USA
- European History
- The policy of America
- Global politics
- Chinese Language and Culture
- Italian language
Another option for students after the 10th grade in America is the international program International Baccalaureate (IB):
- It is recognized all over the world and has no binding to a certain country - the result of education will be an international diploma on the completion of secondary education
- The duration of study is 2 years
- The students will be able not only to prepare well for the university, but also to develop personal qualities, independence, confidence, independence
- This program is ideal for students with excellent basic knowledge and advanced level of language.
Eleven-graders with a certificate of graduation will be able to enroll in Pathway, which is developed by universities or educational centers:
- The course involves intensive English classes aimed at achieving linguistic progress in the shortest possible time and studying special disciplines
- With excellent academic achievement, the course can be translated into the second year of the bachelor's degree upon completion. For this, the student will need to pass an international language exam, a test in core subjects, show his interest in obtaining the chosen profession and a high level of knowledge in academic disciplines.
Education in the USA after 8, 9, 10 class for students 14,15,16 years: the best schools for foreign students - prices, cost, ranking
1. Webb Schools is a prestigious American school in Los Angeles, which has developed special programs aimed at quality preparation and disclosure of students' personal potential. In the 9th-10th grade, mathematics, humanities, a science course, foreign languages and art are studied here. The school is located on the ocean coast and has many advantages, for example, its own paleontological museum. The cost of education will be from 60,845 $ per year.
2. Lake Mary Preparatory School - one of the leading schools in America, which is located in Orlando, in a place with better living conditions. The AP program in the school is combined with electives and Honors courses. The price of education will be from 22,950 $ per semester.
3. INTO George Mason University is an American university with a large research and development center. This is a multi-disciplinary high school: here you can get education for 80 basic and more than 100 additional programs. Prices start from 30,974 $ per semester.
4. The Village School in Houston is a private boarding school with excellent conditions for accommodation and mastering new knowledge. The IB program in the school is divided into 6 specializations:
- Language + Literature
- Languages (French, English)
- Man + society (psychology, economics, history)
- Natural science subjects (biology, chemistry, physics, ecology)
- General + Higher Mathematics
- Art + sample subjects: combined art course + one of the specializations 2-4.
The cost of education will be from 56,000 $.