- Advantages of studying for foreign students in California:
- Education in California Schools: Study Specifics and Opportunities for foreign students
- Common features of private boarding schools in the US:
- Features of admission and study at universities and colleges in California
- TOP-10 of the best universities in California, according to the version of the World University Rankings:
- Leading educational institutions in California: programs and prices
The USA is one of the most popular places to study abroad. There are a lot of different programs here: summer courses for school students, secondary school programs for foreign students and, of course, higher education, which can be obtained in top schools from the Ivy League and not only. Each educational institution strives to make its programs unique, in demand, to provide comfortable conditions for those who arrived from abroad. All the listed advantages of the American system of education can be found in the sunny state of California.
California is a state in the western part of the US, famous for its mild climate and diverse scenic landscapes. Here there are hundreds of educational institutions, the most popular of which are located in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Fremont.
Advantages of studying for foreign students in California:
- To the indisputable advantages of studying for foreign students in California include comfortable living and all the conditions for a good study. All educational centers have modern technical equipment, in boarding schools for students, beautiful residences with cozy rooms for one or four people are prepared. Meals are organized in the form of a boarding house in spacious dining rooms. Universities and colleges have everything necessary for the educational process: computer classes, scientific laboratories and research centers. Advanced technical equipment positively affects the quality of knowledge and the ability to apply them in practice.
- Educational institutions are funded by the state and private individuals: thanks to good financial support, all institutions have ample opportunities to equip and hire highly qualified teachers.
- In the state there are top schools and universities - the language school Stafford House, University of California, San Marcos High School, California Institute of Technology. In addition to the options for elite education, here you can find programs at more affordable prices.
- Certificate of the Californian school - a pledge of further successful study - allows you to count on entering the leading universities in America.
- For successful study at school, an active life position is important: at extra-curricular activities and at lessons, teachers pay attention to the development of leadership qualities of students, ability to defend their point of view, students are taught time management and effective communication.
Education in California Schools: Study Specifics and Opportunities for foreign students
In America, the most popular among the population - public schools, which account for 90% of schools, and only 10% fall on private boarding schools. In private schools, the cost of education is much higher, but here they go for quality education and good academic preparation, which is not always possible to get in public. Many foreign students come to the United States after 8.9.10 and 11th grade in order to compensate for the existing difference in education. Depending on the level of knowledge and language proficiency, students enter the final classes or pass the High School course.
Common features of private boarding schools in the US:
- Small classes (up to 15 people)
- According to reviews, you can get better training in the following areas: biology, mathematics, chemistry, physics and foreign language
- In order to enter an institution of this type, you will have to go through a complex competitive selection: the education here guarantees successful admission to higher education institutions,
- Independent drawing up of the curriculum - as such of concept "the general class" here is not present
- Mandatory subjects: English, mathematics, natural sciences, computer literacy and social sciences. The other subjects are chosen by the student himself
- In the senior classes, students are engaged not only in physical education, but in some particular kind of sport, practically on professional
- Senior students can choose a course of in-depth study of subjects - Advanced Placement
- All students pass the final exam SAT, which is of two types: the first part of the SATI exam - the verbal and mathematical part, the second - SATII - checks knowledge of the three selected subjects. Most colleges take into account the results of the first part, but the most prestigious ones consider the second.
Ranking of the best high schools in California by version of School Digger:
- Whitney (Gretchen) High School
- Oxford Academy
- Bullis Charter
- Riverside STEM Academy
- Accelerated Achievement Academy
- Windermere Ranch Middle School
- Joaquin Miller Middle School
- William Hopkins Junior High School
- Petaluma Accelerated Charter.
Features of admission and study at universities and colleges in California
Post-school education continues in community colleges: this is a pre-university stage of post-secondary education, where distinguished students will be able to enter the second year of the university through the Transfer Program. Foreign students can undergo education here and save considerably.
Scientific degrees - Bachelor, Master, Ph.D. - You can get only in high schools, colleges and universities in California. Large universities and colleges offer a wide range of programs in various specialties and have a well-developed research and development area.
Top specialties in universities in California:
- school of theater and television;
- technical specialties.
TOP-10 of the best universities in California, according to the version of the World University Rankings:
- Stanford University
- California Institute of Technology
- University of Southern California
- University of California, Los Angeles
- Pomona College
- Claremont McKenna College
- University of California, Berkley
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, San Diego
- Occidental College.
Leading educational institutions in California: programs and prices
San Francisco, UC Berkeley
Summer English for students (11-19)
From 2,293 $ per week
Primary, secondary school
Los Angeles, Webb Schools
From 60,845 $ per year
Walnut, Southlands Christian School
Diploma + Adnanced Placement
From 35,000 $ per year
Carlsbad, Army and Navy Carlbad
From 18,750 $ per semester
Los Angeles, Marymount California University
Undergraduate Preparation Program
From 10,560 $ per semester
Los Angeles, Kings College Los Angeles
University Pathway Program
San Francisco, Kaplan San Francisco Berkeley
Preparation for exams GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, academic / business English courses
From 470 $ per week
Stanford, Stanford University
Bachelor's program, master's program
From 19,300 $ per semester