- Features of the secondary education system in the UAE
- Features of choosing a private educational institution in the UAE for foreign students
- List of documents required for admission to a private educational institution in the UAE
Schools in the UAE for foreign students are one of the most popular areas of study. Schools in the UAE are popular among students from around the world, and obtaining a certificate of graduation in the UAE will allow graduates to successfully enter higher education institutions, including the most elite and ranking ones. SMAPSE specialists in this article talk about the specifics of teaching in the schools of the UAE for foreign students - find out now!
Schools in the UAE for foreign students now can be both private and public. Education in the UAE schools for local residents is provided free of charge in state educational institutions. Since recently, public schools accept foreign students for education, but for the latter this service is of a paid nature. However, even local residents tend to choose private schools, that is, a higher level of teaching and quality of knowledge (more than half of the local residents of the UAE). Absolutely in all public educational institutions, as well as in some private schools, girls are studied separately from boys, but this division begins with the seventh grade. The peculiarity of private educational institutions in the UAE is the fact that different schools practice teaching on educational programs of other countries of the world and in the language of these countries: British and American curricula are among them the most popular, and the education is mainly conducted in English and Arabic.
It should be noted that in the UAE there are special educational institutions, in which only representatives of a national diaspora are studied, and the education is conducted in the language of a particular diaspora. However, the overwhelming majority of foreign students prefer to receive education in educational institutions with British, American or Australian educational programs, where teaching is conducted in English.
Features of the secondary education system in the UAE
The secondary education system in the UAE has the following structure:
- The first stage is a kindergarten. Kindergartens always work at a particular school, accepts for the education of children aged 4-5 years. The educational process is organized in the image and likeness of this school process, so that students can gradually adapt to the upcoming first grade of primary school.
- The second stage is the primary school, where students are engaged for 6 years (aged 6 to 12 years).
- The third stage is the preparatory school, in fact - the second step after the primary school to meet the middle link. Students are engaged in this phase for another 3 years, after which, at the age of 15, they move to secondary school.
- The fourth stage is a secondary school where students are engaged for 3 years (up to 18 years). At the end of this stage, students receive a certificate of full secondary education.
- In addition, there is a variant of technical secondary education - a technical secondary school, where the duration of education is 6 years. At the end of this school a certificate of secondary technical education is issued, which allows one to work on the specialty.
This structure is applicable to public schools and to private schools (however, there are no private technical secondary schools). The vast majority of private educational institutions in the UAE for foreign students have an excellent modern infrastructure and facilities, including sports grounds and stadiums.
Features of choosing a private educational institution in the UAE for foreign students
During the selection of an educational institution in the UAE , the following important aspects should be considered:
- Type of educational program - it is necessary to rely on the ranking of a particular educational system of any country (the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia, etc.), as well as on further plans for education or career development in the UAE or other countries.
- The availability of an educational institution in terms of the availability of places - many private schools are so popular that parents write their children in the queue for admission for a year or even two before the expected start of education! To somehow deal with this situation, schools either introduce a quota on the number of places for foreign students (very rarely), or create any introductory tests. As a general rule, the more popular the school, the earlier it is necessary to begin the process of collecting a package of documents and preparing for admission to it.
- Location of the educational institution - despite the fact that all schools have a school bus that takes students in the morning and takes them to their homes at the end of the classes, most parents prefer to choose a school after they decide where they will stay for the duration of their studies, a couple of hours a day, which the child can spend on the bus, it is better to spend on something more useful.
- The cost of educational services - the price of education can be from 2,000 $ to 20,000 $ and more for the academic year in the most prestigious educational institutions.
List of documents required for admission to a private educational institution in the UAE
In order to enroll in a school in the UAE, you need to provide the following basic documents:
- An extract from the student's personal file with the application of a table of assessments for the entire previous period of study. If your child moves from one UAE school to another, then for the purposes of admission will serve a special certificate of transfer (Transfer Certificate), which is an official document established by the Ministry of Education of the UAE.
- Birth certificate, as well as the child's passport;
- Copy of the passport of the parent who acts as a sponsor (who undertakes to pay the child's expenses for education and life);
- Application from parents for admission to the educational institution;
- In some educational institutions it is also necessary to provide a certificate from the hospital about the vaccinations made.
Documents must be translated into English or Arabic, and also officially certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country. More information on the procedure for processing documents you can learn from SMAPSE experts in the free consultation - just leave a request at the bottom of the site.
It should be noted that many educational institutions in the UAE conduct mandatory entrance examinations in English and mathematics. Also the child will pass the interview.