The famous Culinary Arts Academy is located in Switzerland: traditions and features of many national cuisines are harmoniously interwoven in this country (in particular, Italian and French). Also, students master the skills of cooking traditional dishes and other countries: China, Mexico, Thailand, India, the Mediterranean region - in a word, all the popular and favorite dishes around the world.
Previously, the school was called the Culinary Institute Switzerland: it was formed as a result of the merger of the DCT European Culinary Center and the Culinary Arts Academy. This is a school of world-class, impeccable reputation and high prestige: Culinary Arts Academy has long been part of the César Ritz Colleges. Now the Academy is a valid and active member of the Swiss Education Group (Swiss Educational Group): it is the largest national association that includes the best universities in the world in the field of hospitality. The history of the successful work of the organization is more than 25 years: it respects the highest world standards, instills in the students the flexibility, professionalism, the ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions and navigate the modern world. Today the association includes the following universities:
Culinary Arts Academy includes two campuses: in Lucerne (a German-speaking region) and in Le Bauver (francophone Switzerland). Lucerne is located on the shore of the lake of the same name - you can get to Zurich in just 45 minutes by transport; Le Bauvere is a famous and cozy resort on the shores of Lake Geneva - a good transport interchange links it with Montreux, Lausanne and Geneva. The beginning of the training is conducted on the basis in Lucerne (1-2 semester), and from the 3rd to the 7th semester students study in Le Bauver: this gives an opportunity to study two different lifestyles, two different distinct regions, draw a line between two cultural and linguistic strata, More thoroughly and fully explore the culinary traditions of Switzerland. The corps in Lucerne since April 2012 is located in the building of the former hotel "Union", in the center of the historical district and at the intersection of the main trade arteries, occupies a majestic and beautiful building of the 19th century.
An important factor in the success of the association is the regular holding of the SEG International Employers Forum - SEG International Recruitment Forum. Since 2008, it has been held twice a year: many official employers and hospitality representatives visit it every year, more than 2,000 students - it enables students and graduates to successfully find the best companies, occupy profitable and high positions, and start the path to a successful international career.
Teachers at the academy are well-known professionals and chefs. Most of them belong to prestigious specialized organizations:
International gastronomic community
All the teachers at Culinary Arts Academy have practical experience (or still work) in the best hotels and restaurants in Europe: five-star extra-class hotels and Michelin-starred restaurants.
1) The opportunity to obtain a prestigious national certificate in the direction of "Culinary Arts", as well as a certificate of the British model (the end of the first stage of higher education). Holders of certificates can already start working as a cook in the best institutions, hotels and restaurants.
1 (11 weeks) and 2 semesters (11 weeks) are held at the base in Lucerne. Training groups are small, most of the classes are practical, they are held in a restaurant or training kitchens: students master all the basic professional skills, knowledge, skills. Also in small classes, theoretical cognitive lectures are held, a large number of events, competitions and master classes are organized (within the school and on guest sites). There is a paid internship for 6 months. During the internship, the minimum monthly student wage in Switzerland is 2172 CHF / month.
2) In the future, students can obtain a national diploma for the same specialty and a British certificate-analogue of unfinished higher education (the second stage of higher education). At this stage, students deepen existing knowledge, learn to lead the team and select personnel, develop organizational skills. During 3 semesters (from 3 to 5 inclusive, each - for 11 weeks) students are engaged on campus in Le Bouvet, a full-fledged professional internship (paid, 6 months) is provided.
3) Passing a full in-depth training course leads to the Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts - this will help graduates find the desired job faster and apply for a higher position. Students continue to study in Le Bauver during the 6th and 7th semesters (11 weeks each).
4) You can also get a valuable certificate for a specialty "Swiss confectionery and chocolate art": this is an in-depth preparation in the field of baking, sweet and confectionery, flour, the art of working with chocolate; Use both historical, traditional recipes of Switzerland, and modern techniques. The training is conducted on the basis in Lucerne and lasts for 2 semesters (a total of 22 weeks): this program includes an intensive foreign language course, a direct training course and a paid internship in the country (6 months). This program was personally accredited by the American Culinary Federation Educational Foundation.
Students who have a bachelor's degree in relevant specialization or practical work experience of 6 months (also accepting a diploma of a second higher education in the direction of "Culinary Excellence") can receive a master's degree at the academy.
Postgraduate Diploma in Culinary Arts
The postgraduate program lasts 2 semesters (traditionally, for 11 weeks each) and includes an internship for 6 months (paid). This is the development of theoretical knowledge, and the improvement of practical skills plus restaurant management skills. So the student will be able to run the restaurant business from and to: form and make out the menu, recruit staff and work with him, etc. With the help of this program, the student will be able to change the scope of activities if the first higher education was received in another specialty.
A preparatory, effective program will help to significantly improve the level of English and prepare for productive study abroad.
You can start the training every semester: the course provides separate blocks for 4 weeks each (4 weeks - the minimum duration of the course, the rest of the time is calculated depending on the progress and the level reached), the intensity is 20 lessons per week; Is held in Le Bauver on the basis of Cesar Ritz Colleges Switzerland. The following areas of knowledge are studied:
Students are provided with housing from the foundation of the academy for the entire duration of studies: the cost includes accommodation in comfortable double rooms with a private bathroom. A personal luxury room is available on request at an additional cost.
The Culinary Arts Academy is superbly equipped with the latest equipment in classrooms, training kitchens and working restaurants. There is also a separate kitchen for cooking bread and baking, a platform for working out the menu; In a constant mode, a modern restaurant for 80-100 people, where young cooks can fully practice and gain valuable experience.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.