University of St. Gallen
Description of University of St. Gallen
- Established: 1898
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
- Type of training: joint
- Type of accommodation: apartments
- Language of instruction: German, English.
University of St Gallen, specializing in areas such as management, economics, social sciences, law, began work in 1898. The purpose of the educational institution is to provide the student with an academic base with a sufficient amount of professional practice. Today, the university is included in the top 10 best universities in Switzerland, is on the 101st place in the world ranking in the direction of "Social Sciences and Management", graduates of the institution are highly valued on the international labor market. The elite university is considered one of the small educational institutions in Europe, on the basis of which the largest faculty of economic sciences of Switzerland operates - more than 20 leading universities cooperate with the University of St Gallen to participate in joint research activities. About 8,000 students are studying here, including foreign students, and the staff of teachers includes 239 specialists, most of whom were invited from abroad. During their studies, students can participate in the exchange program. The top educational institution offers applicants relevant educational offers - which are taught in 2 languages:
- in English.
The structure of the University of St Gallen consists of 41 units, which include schools and research institutes. The leading university provides training under the MBA program, has a three-stage education system in accordance with the program of the Bologna process - training programs are available:
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of St. Gallen
Accommodation, meals, prices
The University of St Gallen does not offer accommodation for foreigners, but the Student Council can offer rental options: from 500CHF / month for a one-room apartment near the campus, the price of private studios is slightly higher - from 650CHF / month. To reduce living expenses, students can rent apartments together.
- One of the oldest European business schools
- Collaboration with more than 200 higher education institutions around the world, which enables students to participate in the exchange program or get a double academic qualification
- Foreigners have the right to work up to 15 hours a week at the time of study, during the vacation period for wards, a full-time transition is possible - a great chance to start a career in a foreign company
- Graduates of the University of St Gallen are highly regarded by prestigious companies in Switzerland and Europe.
- A large number of relevant academic programs are available in English.
Facilities and equipment at University of St. Gallen
The University of St Gallen is centrally located on the hill of St. Gallen, with a spectacular view. You can get from campus to Zurich Airport in an hour, and from St. Galen Station to the University in just a few minutes. The territory of the educational institution is proud of its developed infrastructure:
- Computer class
- Terraces for relaxation
- Outdoor sports venue
- Student canteen.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the University of St Gallen, applicants must provide the admissions committee with the necessary package of documents and pass the entrance tests.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of St. Gallen
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.