Description of SRM University
- Established: 1985
- Location: Tamil Nadu, India
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: state.
SRM University was founded in 1985 as the SRM College of Engineering at the University of Madras. Received the status of a higher educational institution in 2003, together with the name SRM University of Science and Technology.
In the QS World University Rankings ranking, the SRM Institute of Science and Technology ranks 351-400 in Asia in 2019. SRM ranks 7th among private engineering colleges in India according to the Outlook India ranking for 2018. The educational institution has taken 28th position among engineering colleges in India according to the publication Perspectives of India in 2018.
The administration is convinced that for active academic activity it is necessary to carefully organize the creativity and leisure of students. Students regularly participate in:
- Fashion shows for beginner models
- Short film screenings
- Participate in meetings at the debate club, disco “DJ Night”, Taran talent festival, yoga classes, etc.
The university has student clubs:
- Parangom chowdhury
- Simran kour awal
- Arunachalam kumaresh
- Mohammad rayees
- Trishita bhattacharya
- Smriidhi waadhwa
- Cedric s mathew
- Dinesh choudhary
- Aryansh meharwal
- Aishwarya Nerkar et al.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in SRM University
- The work of many student clubs of interest
- Institutional authority
- Modern technical attitude
- Qualified teaching staff
- Busy student life
- A small number of students.
Facilities and equipment at SRM University
SRM University includes:
- Campus Kattankulathur. It covers an area of 250 acres, where are located: the engineering and technical faculty, the faculty of medicine and healthcare, the faculty of science and the humanities, the faculties of management and law.
- Campus Ramapuram, where the programs of architecture, design, and the humanities are implemented.
- The Wadapalani campus is located in the center of Chennai. Here is the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Management, Faculty of MCA.
- NCR Campus with 25 acres of Faculty of Education, Engineering, and Management
- Amaravati Campus, Andra Pradesh, covering an area of 200 acres.
On the basis of the educational institution work:
- Research Institute
- Interdisciplinary Institute of the Indian System of Medicine
- Center for Nuclear Environmental Research.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enroll, an applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education with translation into English or equivalent
- Certificate confirming English proficiency at the required level.
The applicant must pay for medical insurance, have a valid visa and be over 18 years old.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about SRM University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.