Savitribai Phule Pune University is the main educational center of Maharashtra. It was founded in 1949, changed several names and was eventually named after a reformer woman who, in partnership with her husband, established the first Indian school for girls in 1848.
The university consists of 433 affiliated colleges and 232 research institutions. Savitribai Phule itself has 4 faculties, more than 40 departments. The most "winning" of them is the Faculty of Natural Sciences, thanks to which the educational institution has the first place in the ranking of Indian universities of this orientation.
Among the notable graduates of the university at various times were prime ministers, presidents, scientific professors and inventors of India.
Savitribai Phule's mission is to be a global, socially conscious centre of excellence in the conservation, creation and development ofknowledge.
The university can simultaneously teach about 490 thousand students (if you count all branches). Disciplines for them are taught by a composition of highly qualified specialists, including more than 13 thousand people.
Training is mainly in English, as many of the students are foreigners.
Seven men's and six women's dormitories are open to students on campus. Accommodation is provided to academically successful students who do not have a job.
Extracurricular life includes:
For participation in competitions of interuniversity level, students have the opportunity to receive financial grants and commemorative medals.
The university is located on an area of 411 acres surrounded by centuries-old trees, large lawns and fountains. The main building, built in 1864, has a long building and a tower, currently it is working on the restoration and preservation of its original appearance.
The year of study is divided into two semesters:
The exact dates for all faculties are different, but the academic year begins for all on the same day - July 1. The study of programs takes place all year round and continuously.
Applications for admission to the university are accepted until June 30. Students must provide:
For international students, a study visa will be required, as well as payment of an entry fee of INR 70,000 at a time.
When enrolling, you will need to choose 20 disciplines for the semester, after which you will pass the entrance tests.
When applying for a master's degree and writing a doctorate at the University of Pune, you will need:
Financial support is provided to students:
The average scholarship payment is about Rs 3,000.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.