South China Normal University (SCNU) is a key national university, the predecessor of which was the Guangdong Teachers College of Mengqin University.
Among the programs there are 20 areas of doctoral studies, 33 specialties of a master's degree, 85 variants of a bachelor's degree. The teaching staff includes 2577 full-time specialists. SCNU students – 26 972 full-time students, about 9700 postgraduate students, more than 1200 doctoral students. Among them are about 1000 foreign students.
The campus is divided into southern and northern residential areas with 18 student dormitories with 15,000 beds. Quadruple rooms with an area of about 15 sq.m are offered. Student dormitories are equipped with basic furniture and hot water supply. Cleaning of the room should be done by the students themselves, and cleaning tools are provided by the property management company. A campus map is required to enter and exit the dormitory.
Temporary accommodation is available for family members, friends of students. Rooms are equipped with air conditioning, TV,bedding. There are three types of rooms for 2-4 seats. The price of double / quadruple rooms is 160 yuan per day, the price of triple rooms is 180 yuan per day.
There are eight apartment buildings on the Nanhuai campus:
Each apartment is equipped with a security system, fire extinguishing system, water and electricity supply, sewerage and lighting. The room is furnished with combined furniture, an upper fan, a computer network port, etc.
Three floors with restaurants of various cuisines: fast food, fried rice, spicy dishes, Muslim department, etc.
Three floors with restaurants where they cook porridge, rice, noodles. On the top floor there is a hall for events
Two floors of different kitchens, dining rooms for staff and students. On the ground floor there is a grocery store
About 400 sq. m. restaurants with snacks, freshly squeezed juices and Western dishes
Dining room in the South District of the campus, consisting of 4 floors. It offers three meals a day based on Cantonese cuisine. On the fourth floor there is a banquet hall with a varied kitchen for social events
Three floors of public dining rooms, buffets, restaurants with a variety of cuisine: halal, Cantonese dishes, cereals, noodles, etc.
There is a restaurant offering three meals a day, a confectionery, a banquet hall. Takeaway meals can be ordered in the dining room.
More than 100 student associations are active at the university. For them, special buildings are equipped in the territories, for example:
SCNU consists of three campuses: Shipai, Nanhuai and University Campus.
All campuses are in good transport accessibility: metro, buses, taxis.
Annual training consists of two semesters lasting for six months. After the end of the semester, students will have a session.
In general, students spend from 2500 yuan per month.
Each applicant must create an account on the official website of the university, then fill out a questionnaire and submit an application. All documents must be in Chinese or English.
Students apply for three main material incentive programs:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.