Harbin Engineering University
Description of Harbin Engineering University
- Established: 1953
- Location: Harbin, China
- Number of students: 25,000
- Type: state
- Language of instruction: English, Chinese.
Harbin University of Engineering holds a leading place in the country in the field of shipbuilding, has a strong scientific base of national importance in the development of marine resources and nuclear technology.
Modern achievements of the university are widely known outside the university: a depth gauge, an underwater robot "Zhishui", a system for measuring and tracking the orbit on a spaceship, etc.
Over the past 20 years, the university has received more than 500 awards in various fields of science and industry.
International students can study at Harbin University of Engineering thanks to exchange programs and grants, the annual number of which is about 200.
According to analysts, in the coming years the educational institution will join the ranks of the ranking of “1000 of the best universities in the world” - at the moment it is at 1031 lines, but Harbin University is in 49th place in the ranking of the best universities in the country.
For applicants, 50 specialties are available, the most popular of which are:
- Civil engineering
- Turbine technology
- Industrial Design
- Nuclear engineering
- Optics and optical technology
- Applied math
- Practical physics
- Practical chemistry
- International economics
- Electronic Information Technique
- Environmental technology.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Harbin Engineering University
- The teaching staff consists of 2500 people, more than 100 of whom are doctors of sciences, 2 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- For foreign applicants, Chinese language courses
- The University is included in the list of priority educational institutions in the country
- At Harbin University, you can finish courses in Wushu, calligraphy, origami
- The hostel practices single occupancy
- A major role is given to the development of practical skills of students and internships in core subjects.
Facilities and equipment at Harbin Engineering University
The campus is located in the “ice city” of Harbin.
Each student receives a card upon admission, to which they credit funds for payment of food, accommodation, etc.
Harbin University has a 24-hour clinic where students can receive qualified help.
Particular attention is paid to students' sports activities. There are two indoor sports centers on the campus, including tennis, badminton, aerobics, dance, and swimming pools. In addition, students use a football field, a basketball and handball court, baseball and croquet fields.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Age: from 18 years old
- Certificate of general secondary education
- HSK no lower than 5.
- Age: from 20 years old
- Diploma of Higher Education or Bachelor's Degree
- HSK no lower than 6.
- Age: from 25 years old
- Certificate of Master's Degree
- HSK no lower than 6.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Harbin Engineering University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.