Guangdong University of Foreign Studies
Description of Guangdong University of Foreign Studies
- Founded: 1965
- Location: Guangzhou, China
- Language of instruction: Chinese, English
- Number of students: about 40,000
- Rating in the USA: 82.
Guangdong University of Foreign Studies is a popular Chinese university among foreigners that provides education in various programs: most of them are in Chinese. The choice of programs is very large: from foreign languages, journalism and economics to design, international commerce and politics.
Guangdong University of Foreign Studies is a state university, which gives a chance to receive scholarship payments with high academic performance. The university cooperates with foreign partners on exchange programs, and the total number of foreigners exceeds 30% of all university students.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Guangdong University of Foreign Studies
Accommodation, meals, prices
Accommodation is possible both in a hostel and in a rented separate room or apartment: you can rent a room for a month from $ 183 on the outskirts of the city and from $ 324 in the center, renting an apartment will cost $ 300 and above on the outskirts, and in the center of Guangzhou - 535 $. Food in China is inexpensive, per month it will take from $ 120.
Activities Guangdong University of Foreign Studies
Students communicate with each other, learn a lot of interesting things about other nations, their traditions. In their free time, they organize various performances and competitions, games and concerts. Guangzhou is an ultramodern city that offers interesting excursions and entertainment on weekends, you can also go to other major cities in China.
Facilities and equipment at Guangdong University of Foreign Studies
The university equipment meets all international standards: comfortable furniture, necessary equipment, computers - everything that is necessary for an effective educational process. Also on the territory of the university there are libraries, sports facilities.
Admission dates and extra charges
The educational process at the university is divided into semesters. All expenses associated with transport, mobile communications, recreation, will range from $ 115 per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The admissions committee does not have special requirements: the presence of a document on previous education and the passing of entrance exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Guangdong University of Foreign Studies
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.