- Secondary education in England: how to choose a school, program features, types of schools, which school is better?
- The best boarding schools in England
- Conditions of admission and prices
In numerous tops of the world there are well- known English schools , which occupy leading positions in the lists. Get secondary education in England and seek students from all over the world - the reason for the existing excitement around the English schools lies in the highest quality of preparation for the university and the formation of a full-fledged personality. In English schools, strict discipline, which develops willpower and the desire to work for the result.
Secondary education in England: how to choose a school, program features, types of schools, which school is better?
Which school to choose?
In England there are several types of schools:
- public and private. Both types of schools offer the passage of the main programs of the middle classes, however, private schools significantly prepare students according to statistics. Education in private schools takes place in more comfortable conditions: in small classes, for one teacher there are 10 students. Private boarding schools solve the problem with the residence of foreign students
- day and boarding schools
- international colleges: it is necessary to single out this type of schools, which are distinguished by a more democratic environment.
Language of instruction : English.
Types of programs:
- GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) is a program for schoolchildren aged 14-16, which lasts two years. As a result, students receive a certificate of incomplete secondary education
- A-level - a course of preparation for a university in Britain for students over 16 years of age, is a prerequisite for admission to an English university
- International Baccalaureate, IB is one of the most popular courses that allows you to get a serious academic education and enroll in one of the top 100 universities in the world.
The best boarding schools in England
- Queen Ethelburga's College is an elite educational institution located in York, where children of monarchs and aristocrats study. Great importance is given to the strictest discipline and painted literally by the minute of the day. One of the merits of the school is its location in the bosom of nature in the countryside. The cost of training will be from 15368 £ per term.
- Abbey DLD College London is the oldest and most respected school in England, which is the leader in the ranking in high school grades. The school has many opportunities for self-development, and the programs specialize in serious preparation for admission to British universities. The cost of training will be from 29000 £ per year.
- Abbey College Cambridge is one of the leading schools, graduates of which are easily enrolled in the universities of England: most of the graduates successfully study at Cambridge University. The cost of training will be from 29000 £ per year.
- King's School Rochester is a prestigious boarding school whose graduates each year demonstrate outstanding academic results: the vast majority of schoolchildren pass the exams for higher scores. The cost of training will be from 9680 £ for the trimester.
- The closed school Wycliffe College offers guests from abroad excellent living conditions and a friendly atmosphere for easy adaptation. The proposed opportunities for recreation, sports and nutrition are almost limitless! The cost of training will be from 6000 £ per term.
Conditions of admission and prices
Applicants in English schools are waiting for certain exams and tests to identify the level of academic and linguistic knowledge:
- IELTS or TOEFL (from 5.5 and above)
- testing, developed by the school itself
- age restrictions for the GCSE program: 14-16 years
- for any program, an assessment is required for 2-3 years of study
- with the attached certificate of secondary education.
Package of documents:
- it is advisable to provide a year before the receipt of the report card with estimates for 2-3 years of training, birth certificate and photo, letters and medals, the history of vaccinations and an extract from a medical card.
Tuition fees: The cost varies from 30,000 to 50,000 £ per year.
SMAPSE consultants assist:
- in the search for the most suitable school
- in gathering the necessary documents
- in communication with a representative of the school in English
- at admission and admission to school.