Abbey DLD College London
Description of Abbey DLD College London
- Age of students: from 14 years
- Location: London
- Type of education: mixed
- Number of students: 400, 20% - foreign students
- Programs: GCSE, A-level, University Foundation, BTEC, academic English
- Accommodation: Residence
- Cost: from 7300 GBP for a term without a residence
- Ranking: the leader of the ranking on the progress in the senior classes among London schools.
Abbey DLD College London is the oldest and one of the most prestigious school in England in its category. For more than 80 years, the college has confirmed its impeccable reputation, based on the quality of academic preparation, the number of opportunities for self-development, high rates of admission to prestigious universities in Britain and the world. Programs at Abbey College London are designed for high school students with a high level of English proficiency.
Located in the center of London, the educational institution is a landmark of the capital and an ornament of the historical district of Belgravia. College is a 5 minute walk from the famous Oxford Street - an excellent place for those who want to not only fulfill the dream of the English students, but also to get acquainted with the sights of one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. The new beautiful building is located in front of Big Ben and is the only college in London, simultaneously teaching and providing a residence for students!
A high level of academic preparation at Abbey College is achieved through a rigorous approach to teaching. The best teachers of London work in this college in England. They are highly demand specialists who know the skills of communicating with foreign students, are devoted to their work. Studying takes place in groups of 8 - 10 students. This allows you to give the necessary amount of attention to each student. This approach to studying affects its results. 80% of students receive AB scores for the A-level exam.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Abbey DLD College London
Accommodation, meals, prices
Accommodation in boarding school in UK is offered at the International Student Residence. Students are under 24-hour control. The mentor of the course lives in the hostel. Accommodation in Abbey College London is provided for single and double. The apartments are offered with conveniences and without (sanitary rooms, showers are on the floor). Male and female rooms are located on different floors. There is a free weekly laundry service for children. To prepare food in the hostel is equipped with a kitchen with all necessary appliances, furniture.
The accommodation of students implies full board basis. Meals based on the principle of a buffet does not limit students in the choice of dishes and the amount of food. The menu includes traditional, dietary, vegetarian dishes. There is a weekly barbecue for students.
Subjects and sports
Subject list: Academic English, Accounting, Art, biology, business, Business and communication, Business research, chemistry, Classical civilization, communications, computer science, Computers, drama, economics, English literature, Filmmaking, geography, graphic arts, history, History of art, Information Technology, maths, Media production, media sources, music, philosophy, physics, politics, Psychology, Religious studies, sociology, The media, the photo
Activity list: Animation programs, badminton, basketball, bridge, chess, Chorus, Circle of singing, computer Club, cricket, culinary arts, dancing, Debating circle, Dramatic circle, Drawing on canvas, football, music studio, netball, Photostudio, rock climbing, rowing, Sound recording, table tennis, tennis, yoga
- High level of basic academic disciplines studying.
- Qualitative pre-university preparation of applicants wishing to enter dental, medical faculty.
- A rigorous but informal approach to studying.
- Small classes.
- The developed internal infrastructure of the college, a wide range of extracurricular disciplines.
Facilities and equipment at Abbey DLD College London
The offices of the college have all the necessary equipment, are very well equipped with educational material. The laboratories are equipped with interactive whiteboards. The college has a computer classroom, a library, three art studios, an 80-seat theater (also a television studio, a concert hall), recreation and sports (from rock climbing to football).
Admission dates and extra charges
Students can enter the college after making a deposit to confirm the occupation of the school. Supplements are also foreseen for registration with Abbey College London in the amount of 250 British pounds, 500 pounds - reservation and deposit for accommodation in the family. Supervision is paid for if it is necessary.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 500 GBP
- Deposit for a course/programme 2000 GBP
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Abbey DLD College London
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.