Abbey College Cambridge
Description of Abbey College Cambridge
- Year of foundation: 1994
- Number of students: 260, about 40% - foreign students
- Programs: A-level, GCSE, University Foundation
- Accommodation: residence, host family
- Price:from 7000 GBP per term without residency
- Ranking: one of the best private secondary schools in England with the expanded programme of the sixth class.
- Location: Cambridge
- Age of students: from 15 years old
- Type of education: Mixed.
Abbey College Cambridge is one of the five private colleges of The Alpha Plus. The educational institution is located in one of the famous university cities in Britain - Cambridge. Here, students can plunge into the atmosphere of student life in residential school UK, adapt to the intensity of courses and programs, prepare for entering the university, to continue studies in the UK .
Most of the students at Abbey College Cambridge continue their studies at Cambridge University. Also, college graduates enter other prestigious universities in the country. Students are quite successful due to high level of academic knowledge obtained through the A-level, GCSE programs. For foreign students, it is also possible to prepare for the University Foundation course. Studying in the college allows you to improve existing knowledge of English, academic disciplines, to receive new ones.
The educational institution also offers a preparation programme for IELTS. For foreign students, summer language courses are organized here. In a short time they allow you to prepare for the exam, to bring the language to the academic level.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Abbey College Cambridge
Accommodation, meals, prices
Accommodation at Abbey College Cambridge is offered in a comfortable residence. It is located within walking distance from the educational building. Students live in double and single apartments. Rooms with private facilities are equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay. Also, the college offers accommodation in the family.
Nutrition in Abbey College Cambridge is organized according to the full board scheme. Students are offered a varied menu. Three meals a day in the cafeteria of the college are also available to students of summer courses.
Subjects and sports
Subject list: Academic English, Accounting, Art, biology, business, chemistry, Civil engineering, computer techologies, economics, Electrical engineering, English literature, history, Information Technology, maths, Mechanical engineering, Medicine, Pharmacology, physics, politics, Preparing for Oxbridge, Psychology
Activity list: Animation programs, badminton, basketball, chess Club, Circle of art, Circle of foreign languages, computer Club, dance club, Debating circle, Dodgeball, Drama, fitness, football, horseback riding, martial arts, Mathematical club, music studio, rafting, Scientific research group, swimming, Symphony Orchestra, table tennis, tennis, volleyball, yoga, Yoyoing
- An opportunity to enter the most prestigious university in Britain. The college in Cambridge specializes in the preparation of applicants for Oxbridge.
- High level of academic knowledge of students (90% AB in A-level).
- Students have lessons in classes of small capacity. This allows pupils and teachers to concentrate as much as possible on the educational process for its highest effectiveness.
Facilities and equipment at Abbey College Cambridge
There are 28 well-equipped audiences in the college, where the classes are held in basic academic subjects, English. There are also 6 laboratories in the building, which are equipped with all necessary equipment, inventory, reagents. Internet access in the educational institution is in the computer class and on the territory of residences (Wi-Fi). For relaxation during the change, there is a student lounge.
Admission dates and extra charges
Students can enter the college after making a deposit to confirm the occupation of the school. Supplements are also provided for the registration in the Abbey College of Cambridge in the amount of 250 British pounds and for supervising.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 500 GBP
- Deposit for a course/programme 2000 GBP
Literature and references
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Abbey College Cambridge
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.