- Why do tens of thousands of applicants want to enroll at Yale?
- How to enroll at Yale?
- How to enroll in Yale University?
Applicants from all over the world dream of going to Yale University - one of the oldest universities in America, created by Harvard graduates who remained dissatisfied with the educational system, back in 1701. There are no clear specialties - students choose disciplines for study independently, but such freedom is limited: the choice is available during the first 2 weeks of each semester. Students are required to choose subjects among educational fields (art, humanities, engineering) and among skills (logic, learning foreign languages).
Why do tens of thousands of applicants want to enroll at Yale?
People living in the USA and in other countries on all continents dream of entering Yale University. The number of foreign students studying here is almost 20%, and the number of countries from which students come is more than 100. The Yale University diploma has weight when looking for work in the largest companies in the world, in the research, medical, legal and engineering industries.
Yale is considered the most beautiful among all universities in the world: low buildings, green spaces, recreation areas, lawns. Public transport runs through the university, and its work does not stop almost around the clock - this is convenient for students spending a lot of time in libraries in preparation for scientific research. Libraries themselves are open until morning.
The university’s website contains information about teachers, their research and achievements - it helps to select the necessary disciplines from the complete list. You can apply not only for undergraduate studies, but also for graduate studies and receive a doctorate. The educational process is almost half based on writing scientific papers that can make a student famous and successful during their studies.
Yale University is also known for its several discoveries that have made people's lives better:
- Identification of a special fungus that feeds on plastic, which will allow the processing of plastic waste on all continents, improving the ecological situation of the planet as a whole.
- Creating antibodies that improve the human immune system - soon, humanity will learn to treat cancer and HIV thanks to researchers from Yale.
- Finding a drug that slows down the development of Alzheimer's disease and reduces the symptoms of the disease - this terrible disease becomes treatable.
- The restructuring of bacterial DNA using E. coli as an example is an innovative way to fight many diseases without antibiotics and other drugs.
Yale University offers tuition at one of its faculties:
This is the main faculty - bachelors study at it. There is a campus, accommodation in which is mandatory for the first two years of study
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
Here you can get postgraduate education in the field of painting, art, music, acting.
13 professional schools
Open to students enrolled in graduate or doctoral studies; main areas: medicine, law, computer science and so on
How to enroll at Yale?
To enter Yale University, first you need to submit an application on the official website of the university - its cost is $ 80. The second stage - collecting documents and passing tests:
- School certificate or bachelor's degree with translation into English
- SAT, ACT and GPA are the main requirements, without which admission is impossible: these exams do not have a lower threshold, but the selection committee is more pleased to accept candidates with high rankes
- IELTS - minimum 7 points
- GMAT and GRE - these entrance exams depend on the chosen faculty.
The selection committee also considers additional documents, diplomas, but before submitting them, it is important to make sure that the documents will interest teachers, and not vice versa, they will play a "disservice".
Knowing what to do, it is important to comply with the deadlines for submitting documents - general applications until January 1, early until November 1. The commission announces the results, respectively, until the end of December and March. According to statistics, about 7% of applications received are approved.
The cost of education at Yale University is about 40,000 $ a year for education and about 25,000 $ a year for food, accommodation, literature and other related expenses. The university does not ask for confirmation of financial support, including assistance for capable students in its tasks: grants and scholarships can cover part or all of the costs, depending on the student’s financial situation and its importance for the university.
How to enroll in Yale University?
Applicants who wish to enroll in Yale University and study at a foreign school are more likely. In the USA there are pre-university programs that increase the chances of enrollment: Advanced Placement (complicated), High School Diploma (universal), International Baccalaureate.
By attending courses for students, which were opened at Yale University, you will increase the chances of successful admission to this university: