Yale University Summer Junior Camp
Description of Yale University Summer Junior Camp
- Location: New Haven, Connecticut, USA
- Age of students: 16-18 years (grades 10-11)
- Dates: July 7-20 (2 weeks)
- Language learning: English.
Yale University Summer (summer camp at Yale University) will allow you to spend two weeks of summer at one of the most prestigious universities in the world, the leading university of the legendary Ivy League - Yale University.
The Summer Academy is designed for high school students (grades 10-11) and is sponsored by Yale himself: an elite university is primarily interested in graduate students developing academic knowledge and personal qualities that are capable and worthy of claiming places in the most prestigious programs and faculties, became demanded and qualified specialists. Most of the lecturers, teachers and administrators of the summer camp are directly graduates of Yale University: who, if not them, will be able to fully acquaint foreign students with one of the best universities in the world?
Key facts Yale University Summer:
- Students from 20 countries, about 40% of the total number are foreigners
- 1 trip to New York while studying (Saturday)
- 6 professional judges for the final symposium: famous businessmen and entrepreneurs.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Yale University Summer Junior Camp
Activities Yale University Summer Junior Camp
The leisure program includes a variety of exciting activities: it can be a movie viewing or quiz, excursions or walks around the city, an educational tour of the corners of the Yale campus.
Tours on Sundays are held in New Haven: the legendary pizzeria Frank Pepe , Pez Factory, the world's largest rope park Jordan's, beautiful urban neighborhoods and cozy parks.
Admission dates and extra charges
Students arrive at the program on Sunday, July 7th, and depart July 20th on Saturday.
The cost of a two-week course is $ 6195 (including room and board). The price already includes:
- Education on the course
- Accommodation and meals on campus (residence)
- Leisure activities (day and evening), lectures and master classes from invited guests, specialists
- Tutorials and course materials
- A trip to New York at the weekend.
- Non-refundable registration fee = $ 60
- Laundry service
- Round trip
- Roundtrip flight
- Meal Off Campus (at the weekend)
- Deposit confirming a place on the course
- Additional leisure activities and excursions (optional)
- Mandatory Medical Insurance
- Personal pocket expenses
- Visa fees and services, translation and certification of documents
- Consular fee (paid at the Embassy).
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 70 EUR
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
All applicants for a place in the summer program must prepare:
- A completed application form
- Receipt of payment of the registration fee = $ 60 (non-refundable)
- Student Inquiry Form
- Essays up to 300 words (why did you choose this particular program?)
- Information about the previous place of study (school name, address and telephone number, years of study and graduation, contact information for the consultant)
- The table with estimates for the last 1-2 semesters
- Letter of recommendation: one of the teachers, director, administrator or employer, personal tutor or curator of school / extracurricular activities can write
- Certificate of English Proficiency: TOEFL , IELTS , ACT , SAT .
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Yale University Summer Junior Camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.