Schools, colleges, universities and centers offer participants from all over the world special summer and vacation programs. Classes are conducted by leading, including the most elite and prestigious institutions, and include the best linguistic and academic programs. Typically, education is conducted in June, July and August and have different duration options.
The education schedule includes:
- Language lessons
- Additional activity (sports, creativity)
- Academic subjects
- Cultural and entertainment events (excursions, holidays).
Many foreign educational centers are very popular, regularly occupy high places in the rankings, are included in the tops for various indicators. Vacation courses attract foreign students and have excellent feedback from the participants. Absolute leaders in the number of proposals for summer education today are the United Kingdom and the United States, but the list of states offering active rest is quite extensive, and in particular includes:
- Czech Republic
The advantages of studying abroad include:
- Combination of language lessons, sports, creativity, academic studies and cultural and entertainment program.
- The ability to significantly improve their knowledge. The list of available languages includes not only the most common languages in Europe, but also many others, for example Czech.
- Tuition fees are very wide, so that anyone can choose the course that suits him.
- High level of organization. Thanks to the high standards of education, you can be sure that all aspects related to education will be performed in the best possible way.
- Rest and activity. There are various directions: sports, creativity and hobbies. Cultural and entertainment program provides an opportunity to have fun and relax.
- Academic component. Many institutions offer serious education in certain disciplines.
- International composition. You can meet participants from any country of the world, get acquainted with different cultures and get friends.
- The opportunity to join the life of the school / university. Many students use summer courses as a "springboard" for admission, or they ignite the idea of getting an education abroad.
Courses are designed for any age group, starting with the youngest, and have their own characteristics. Junior students are offered intensive or standard lessons in the chosen language + sports, creativity and active recreation. Education can have a different bias:
- Academic. The selected disciplines / subjects are studied: mathematics, computer science, biology, chemistry, physics and many others.
- Sports (athletics, football, tennis, basketball, swimming, extreme kinds and many others)
- Creative (music, art, theater, film dancing and others).
The establishments on the basis of which the holidays are held have excellent campuses with sports grounds, art centers, where you can successfully improve your skills under the guidance of coaches and mentors. Lessons are held in small groups of 10 people (maximum), which allows you to build a trusting relationship and pay attention to everyone. The number of language lessons depends on the specific camp, but usually it does not exceed 20 lessons per week, free time and weekends are devoted to excursions and activities. The youngest students are always under supervision, there is a system of guardianship. Education for middle and older age groups is organized on the same principle, but is characterized by a more intensive program and the development of professional qualities, such as:
- Team work
- Public performance
- Preparation and protection of reports, presentations and research
- Critical thinking and upholding one's opinion.
For the duration of education, there are 3 main options for accommodation:
- Residence. The most common and popular option. 1-2-bed rooms in hostels are provided. Employees round the clock monitor security and help participants in solving all issues. Includes a balanced diet (3-5 times a day).
- Host family. A separate room is provided in the house. All families are carefully selected by the staff. Breakfast and dinner are at home, and lunch is at school. Students spend time with their families, attend activities and walks, get acquainted with the culture of the country and the way of life.
- Individual accommodation. In case the first two types are not suitable for some reason, you can rent an apartment. This option is popular, for example, with parents with the youngest children. It should be borne in mind that not all schools provide for the possibility of a separate residence.
The cost of participation varies depending on the institution / intensity and other conditions. The price usually includes:
- Language lessons
- Academic lessons
- Sports and creative load
- Cultural and entertainment events
- Educational aids
- Accommodation and food expenses
- Medical insurance.
- Visa application
- Pocket costs.
It should be borne in mind that despite the large number of proposals, the choice and booking of the course should be done in advance, since many educational institutions, especially elite and prestigious ones, have a limited number of places. For admission, you must provide the following documents, and fulfill certain conditions (the list is approximate):
- Application (of the established type)
- Certificate of language proficiency (if necessary)
- Recommendations from teachers from the place of study
- Consent to the observance of rules of order and behavior
- Timely payment.
Examples of summer schools:
- Abbey DLD London, United Kingdom (English). Available programs: preparation for exams, English + disciplines (more than 20 sciences), medical school, Oxbridge. Cost: from 1,300 £ a week.
- Prague Language Institute, Czech Republic (English, Czech). Classes + recreation and entertainment; bilingual courses. From 890 € for 2 weeks
- University of California (Summer Camp UCLA Los Angeles), USA (English). Directions: English + sports, hobbies, excursions; language + travel through Los Angeles and San Francisco; language + leadership course. From 1,900 $ for a week.
- Stanstead College, Canada (English, French, Spanish). Programs: lessons + activities, sports, hobbies. From 4,650 CAD $ for 4 weeks.
- Institut auf dem Rosenberg, Switzerland (German, French, English, Italian). Programs: language + rest; language + science (mathematics, physics and others). From 2460 Swiss ₣ per week.
- Salem Summer Camp Hohenfels, Germany (German, English). Directions: lessons + science (mathematics, writing, technical subjects). From 2,500 € for 2 weeks.
- Center International d'Antibes CIA, France (French). Lessons + rest, subjects, sport, entertainment. From 790 € / week.
- Agora International School Barcelona, Spain (English, Spanish). Lessons + activity (swimming, football, music, tennis); classes for the youngest students. From 150 € per week.
- Leonardo Da Vinci Chilento, Italy (Italian). Classes + leisure (excursions, sports, hobbies). From 690 € per week.