- Why do so many people want to go to Cambridge?
- How to enter the University of Cambridge?
- Cambridge University Bonus with Good Chances
Entering Cambridge University is the dream of many applicants on all continents: it is a university that occupies the first lines in the world ranking. For admission to be successful, the candidate must possess three qualities:
- independence of judgment
- love for his specialty.
Why do so many people want to go to Cambridge?
Every year, thousands of people plan to enter Cambridge University - they are attracted by the quality of education, the prestige of the diploma, the approach of teachers, the fame of the university and its history. About a third of all places in faculties are places for foreign students.
Cambridge University boasts many famous graduates:
- Charles Darwin, a scientist known for the theory of evolution
- Isaac Newton - a brilliant mathematician and physicist
- Lord Byron - 18th Century Philosopher and Poet
- Vladimir Nabokov - Russian-American writer
- Many members of the royal family of Great Britain, including the Prince of Wales.
The university graduated the largest number of Nobel laureates - 130 researchers and scientists. The university has its own constitution, which does not contradict the constitution of Great Britain.
Other benefits of Cambridge University:
- A large number of scholarships and grants that pay part or the full amount of the costs associated with education and living during study
- Dormitories available for students of all courses (at most universities in England it is provided only for first-year students)
- 114 libraries in the university, which allows you to effectively prepare for classes and research
- A large number of student entertainment clubs: music, poker, sports sections and so on
- A large department that helps Cambridge University graduates find a worthy place in large companies in the world.
Of the achievements of recent years made by students and scientists in Cambridge, the following discoveries can be distinguished:
- The discovery of a special state of a person in which he remains conscious, but does not feel pain - this can be a huge breakthrough in medicine
- The search for the pain gene is the starting point for creating a modern pain medication that can last days and weeks
- Creating a magnetic field with induction 100 times larger than usual
- Discovery of the obesity gene responsible for increased appetite for slow metabolism
- Detection of a special property of graphene, which will increase the speed of the Internet.
Cambridge University consists of 31 colleges and faculties, the main of which are: clinical medicine (22% of students), social and humanitarian subjects (23% of students) and modern technology (13% of students). The faculties of art, biology and physics are less popular, but also prestigious.
How to enter the University of Cambridge?
To enroll in Cambridge University, a good school certificate is not enough: the main requirement is to complete studies in IB, A-Levels or Foundation programs, and you must have excellent indicators. For foreign applicants, it is possible to provide a document on studying at the bachelor's program of any university in their country. The remaining requirements boil down to the following points:
From 7 and 100 points respectively
Writing a motivation letter
One of the most important stages: many applicants are eliminated on it.
Providing letters of recommendation
The selection committee requests from two such documents from professors and teachers
Interviewing with two university academics
They make up their characteristics, the tasks of which are to identify special personality traits among candidates.
These are the basic requirements for admission to the undergraduate program: to increase the chances, you can submit documents attesting to participation and victories in conferences, olympiads, contests. Upon admission to the magistracy (especially in financial and economic specialties) it is also required to pass the entrance exams GMAT (from 80%) and GRE (from 780 points).
Cambridge University Bonus with Good Chances
Often it’s not enough to know how to enter Cambridge University - it’s important to prepare effectively: candidates who have studied at a foreign school will get more chances. In the UK there are pre-university programs for schoolchildren and students that increase the chances of enrollment: International Foundation Certificate, International Diploma Program, A-level, International Baccalaureate.
By attending Cambridge open courses, you will increase the chances of successful admission to Cambridge: