Description of Pune University
- Founded: 1948
- Location: Pune, India
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: about 495,000
- Rating in India: 14.
Pune University is one of the largest universities in the world with almost half a million students. The teaching staff is about 14 thousand specialists, including academicians and doctors of sciences.
The university offers hundreds of programs in 4 faculties:
- Science and technology
- Commerce and management.
The university campus surprises with its architectural feature: luxurious buildings built in the middle of the 19th century, fountains, green gardens - training here is not only effective and relevant, but also pleasant. The university is a member of the Medical Council of India and the Association of Indian Universities.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Pune University
Accommodation, meals, prices
On the campus there is a hostel with a modern renovation: comfortable furniture, necessary equipment, internet. Students can eat in cafes and buffets, open in educational buildings and in the hostel.
Activities Pune University
The university has a good sports base: playgrounds, gyms - students can play sports in their free time, enroll in various sections. They also unite in interest groups, organize speeches and competitions, communicate and make acquaintances with representatives of dozens of countries.
Facilities and equipment at Pune University
The interior of the main buildings is luxurious, and the equipment of classrooms meets modern requirements. The university has research centers, laboratories, and a library with hundreds of thousands of books and scientific papers is available.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education at Pune University is year-round, the academic year is divided into trimesters. Additional costs, including spending on food, mobile communications and leisure, will range from $ 228 per month - this is less than in most other countries.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants with a good school certificate or a diploma of previous higher education can enter Pune University. Passing entrance exams will be required, and letters of recommendation are desirable for some specialties.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Pune University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.