- What tasks does a game designer solve?
- Profession in Computer Science and Game Design - Where to Study
Computer science and IT is the modern goose that lays the golden eggs. I all know that specialists in this profile earn very good money, easily find work abroad, and can move and travel. But not everyone knows that there are dozens of directions in computer science - and today we will look at game design.
What tasks does a game designer solve?
- Development of games, rules, gameplay
- Writing a plot
- Creating an emotional background for the game
- Formation of the line of behavior of the hero and others.
In fact, there are hundreds of tasks that a game designer solves, so it is customary to divide this specialty into "technical" and "art designer". The responsibilities of the first include the development of algorithms, numbers, level, character damage, points earned, time. An art designer creates graphics, sound design, writes texts and scripts, does modeling and animation.
Profession in Computer Science and Game Design - Where to Study
Game design education
- London, UK
- City, University of London : Bachelor program BSc (Hons) Computer Science with Games Technology
- City, University of London: Master's Program MSc Computer Games Technolog
- University of Westminster : Bachelor BSc program (Hons) Computer Games Development
- Kaplan International College London: Foundation pre-university preparation (2 semesters 18,180 £), preparation for the Pre-Master's for Science and Engineering (2 semesters 18,950 £).
- Education in the cities of England
- Bournemouth University : Bachelor Games Design BSc (Hons), Games Software Engineering BSc (Hons)
- University of Brighton : Digital Games Development BSc (Hons)
- Bournemouth University International College, University of Brighton International College: Foundation for Computing (2 semesters 13,780 £)
- Nottingham Trent University : BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Games Technology), International Year One in Computing at Nottingham Trent International College, which allows you to progress directly to the second year of study and get a bachelor 's degree in 3 years (!). In total, we save one year of study and accommodation with meals. The cost of 2 semesters = from 13,400 £.
Education in Computer Science, Computer science with artificial intelligence, Electronic and computer Engineering
- The University of Nottingham is part of the prestigious Russel Association and is ranked # 1 in the UK in Electrical and Electronic Engineering according to The Guardian University Guide-2020. Ranked 7th in programming (The Guardian-2020). On the basis of the university, a Foundation preparatory course is conducted (2 semesters = from 18,920 £).
- University of Bristol - is included in the TOP-50 universities in the world , TOP-10 in the UK in Computer Science and Information Systems (Guardian University Guide-2020) and takes 8th place in the Shanghai Academic Rankings 2019. Foundation is held directly at the university (2 semesters = from 20,950 £).
- The University of Birmingham is ranked 11th in the national ranking for the Computer Science program ( Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide - 2019), TOP-15 in the overall ranking in the UK ( Complete University Guide -2020). Foundation is held at Kaplan International College London (2 semesters = from 18,180 £).