Computer science andITis the modern goose that lays the golden eggs. I all know that specialists in this profile earn very good money, easily find work abroad, and can move and travel. But not everyone knows that there are dozens of directions in computer science - and today we will look at game design.
What tasks does a game designer solve?
- Development of games, rules, gameplay
- Writing a plot
- Creating an emotional background for the game
- Formation of the line of behavior of the hero and others.
In fact, there are hundreds of tasks that a game designer solves, so it is customary to divide this specialty into "technical" and "art designer". The responsibilities of the first include the development of algorithms, numbers, level, character damage, points earned, time. An art designer creates graphics, sound design, writes texts and scripts, does modeling and animation.
Profession in Computer Science and Game Design - Where to Study
Game design education
- London, UK
- City, University of London :BachelorprogramBSc (Hons) Computer Science with Games Technology
- City, University of London:Master'sProgramMSc Computer Games Technolog
- University of Westminster :BachelorBScprogram(Hons) Computer Games Development
- Kaplan International College London:Foundationpre-universitypreparation(2semesters 18,180 £),preparationforthePre-Master's for Science andEngineering (2semesters18,950 £).
- Education in the cities of England
- Bournemouth University :BachelorGames Design BSc (Hons), Games Software Engineering BSc (Hons)
- University of Brighton: Digital Games Development BSc (Hons)
- Bournemouth University International College, University of Brighton International College: Foundation for Computing (2semesters13,780 £)
- Nottingham Trent University : BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Games Technology),International Year One in Computing at Nottingham Trent International College,whichallowsyoutoprogressdirectlyto thesecondyear ofstudyandgetabachelor'sdegreein3years(!).In total, we save one year of study and accommodation with meals. The cost of 2 semesters = from 13,400 £.
EducationinComputer Science, Computer science with artificial intelligence, Electronic and computer Engineering
- The University of Nottinghamis part of the prestigiousRusselAssociationand isranked # 1in the UK inElectrical and Electronic EngineeringaccordingtoThe Guardian University Guide-2020.Ranked 7th in programming (The Guardian-2020). On the basis of the university, a Foundation preparatory course is conducted (2 semesters = from 18,920 £).
- University of Bristol -is includedin the TOP-50universities in theworld,TOP-10in theUKinComputer Science and Information Systems (Guardian University Guide-2020)andtakes8thplacein theShanghai Academic Rankings 2019.Foundation is held directly at the university (2 semesters = from 20,950 £).
- The University of Birmingham is ranked 11thin the national ranking for theComputerScienceprogram(TimesandSundayTimesGoodUniversityGuide- 2019), TOP-15 in the overall ranking in the UK (CompleteUniversityGuide-2020).Foundation is held at Kaplan International College London (2 semesters = from 18,180 £).