Founded in 1940, Pontificia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro PUC-RIO (abbreviated PUC-RIO) is a private non-profit educational institution and ranks tenth in Brazil’s national ranking. In the ranking of universities in the world PUC-RIO is at 586 positions. The university has a high level of teaching, so employers are happy to hire its graduates.
In terms of size, Pontificia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro is a secondary educational institution. At the same time, more than 15,000 students receive education here (3% of which are foreigners). The academic staff is represented by 740 teachers. The university has active exchange programs, distance education. The university offers the following undergraduate and graduate study programs:
Specify information on the training program on the official site of an educational institution.
The campus is located within the city of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). Built on an area of 104 square meters, it provides integration between courses and the possibility of developing interdisciplinary projects. In addition to teaching academic activities, the university focuses on the development of innovative scientific research. The campus includes all the necessary infrastructure to ensure a full academic and everyday life of students.
Students have the opportunity to stay in a guest house, they can use the university’s own library and free internet. The university management made sure that the students could prepare for the classes in a quality manner and had all the necessary resources for this. To do this, the campus has not only educational buildings, laboratories and research centers, but also a bookstore, sports facilities, as well as cafes and restaurants.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.