The Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul is one of the largest educational institutions in Brazil: for seven years in a row, the university was named the best in the country. The university has about 31,000 students, 12,000 graduate students and 2,600 teachers. As a public educational institution, the university offers budget places, and the cost of commercial places is low.
The university with more than a century of history has national and international recognition. The history of the university is connected with its predecessor, established in 1895 - the School of Pharmacy and Chemistry. In the 1950s, the educational institution expanded into a multidisciplinary university, and in 1947 it received its modern name. Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul offers undergraduate and graduate courses in 29 faculties, schools and institutes:
Among the graduates of the university are high-ranking officials, three presidents, talented professors and successful creative personalities:
Life and Environmental Sciences:
Students live in dorms or rent rooms and apartments.
The university is located in Porto Allegri, in the state of Rio Grande di Sul. It is the southernmost state in Brazil, bordered by Santa Catarina to the north and Uruguay to the south. The state ranks fourth in terms of GDP, fifth in terms of population. The territory of the university is 2185 hectares, 371 742 sq. m. built-up area with ennobled gardens and forest areas.
The federal university is very popular among local and foreign students. Applicants need to collect a standard package of documents, provide data on academic performance and level of language proficiency.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.