Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile is one of the 6 Catholic universities in Chile and one of the two Pontifical Universities in the country, along with the Pontifical Catholic University of Valparaiso.
The Catholic University of Chile was founded on June 21, 1888 at the initiative of the Archbishop of Santiago, Monsignor Mariano Casanova, as an institution combining academic excellence and teaching inspired by Christian teachings. Its creation is inscribed in the universal and local historical circumstances that influenced the Catholic Church, prompting it to educate professionals in a true Christian understanding of life, which will serve as a "renewal fermentation" for new generations. The university offers a strong academic education in the natural sciences, humanities, arts, Catholic morality.
Directions in which master's programs are opened:
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile does not have student residences and does not coordinate the placement of international students.
UC offers a variety of extracurricular activities for any international student:
UC is the only educational institution in the country that is ranked among the top 150 universities in the world. The university is distinguished by the highest level of academic work.
The campus organizes the following events, such a visiting of:
The UC academic year consists of two semesters:
Applicants provide the following documents:
Online Application Dates:
UC offers Spanish courses for international students.
Scholarships are awarded for academic merit / research:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.