Federico Santa Mar í a Technical University was founded in 1926 as an Institution for the development of the heritage of St. Mary. In 1931 it was transformed into the School of Crafts and Arts, and the school received the status of a higher educational institution in 1960.
The school was the first in Chile and Latin America to launch student radio in 1937. In 1964, the university first awarded a technical degree to the female chemist Patricia Guzmán, and in 1965, Graciela Munoz completed her studies as the first female engineer.
For 10 consecutive years, UTFSM has been among the top three universities in Chile. In 2012, the Federico Santa Mar í a Technical University took the 5th place among the 9,500 engineering schools in the world as the first engineering school in South America. According to Times Higher Education Ranking 2014, UTFSM is among the top 300 universities in the world: the second in South America and the first in Chile.
The institution has been accredited by the Chilean National Accreditation Commission.
Among the famous graduates:
On the basis of Federico Santa María Technical University there are :
Since 1937, a radio access point has been operating by the forces of students.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.