Oulu University of Applied Sciences (Oulun Seudun Ammattikorkeakoulu, OAMK) was founded in 1992 and is one of Finland's largest and most innovative higher education institutions. OAMK prepares bachelors and masters in business, engineering, healthcare and social welfare, information and communication technology. The second main task of the University of Applied Sciences, along with teaching, is research, development and innovative work.
The university offers 28 undergraduate programs in the following areas:
The program is intended for teachers and applicants who plan to work in universities of applied sciences or in professional educational institutions. The curriculum includes:
The university offers master's programs in the following areas:
The main campus of the educational institution is located in the city of Oulu on the shores of the Gulf of Bothnia of the Baltic Sea, near the border with Sweden. Oulu is the largest city in Northern Finland, which is often called the "capital of Northern Scandinavia."
OAMK logistics includes:
The university has a two-semester academic year.
For admission, applicants must:
If the documents are not in English / Finnish / Swedish, you must additionally provide a copy of the official translation.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.