Abo Akademi University
Description of Abo Akademi University
- Established: 19 18
- Location: Turku, Finland
- Age of students: 17+
- Number of students: 5500
- Language of instruction: Swedish, English
- Type of studying: mixed.
Abo Akademi University (Obu Akademi) is a Swedish-speaking university in the Finnish city of Turku. The university offers a wide range of educational options - bachelor's, master's, doctoral, courses, programs in English. Each student of the university receives individual support and the opportunity to choose a program according to their interests.
- 5500 students = among them 4900 are undergraduate students, 650 undergraduates and postgraduates
- 1100 employees
- 101 million euros = annual budget
- 1,300 publications per year.
Thanks to cooperation with foreign partners, students get the opportunity to study a semester abroad. Traditionally, the strongest areas of the university are:
- Computer science
- Organic chemistry
- Human rights
- Information and structural biology
- Natural sciences and polymers
- Engineering Sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Abo Akademi University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Finnish universities do not guarantee a place in residences; foreign students are looking for housing on their own.
Facilities and equipment at Abo Akademi University
The university is located in the Finnish city of Turku. Turku and the neighboring city of Vaasa are large student centers: every fourth inhabitant of Turku is an employee or student of the academy, in Vaasa every fifth inhabitant is a university student.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Language requirement for English-language programs:
- IELTS from 6.5
- TOEFL from 92
- PTE 62 .
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Abo Akademi University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.