Abo Akademi University (Obu Akademi) is a Swedish-speaking university in the Finnish city of Turku. The university offers a wide range of educational options - bachelor's, master's, doctoral, courses, programs in English. Each student of the university receives individual support and the opportunity to choose a program according to their interests.
Thanks to cooperation with foreign partners, students get the opportunity to study a semester abroad. Traditionally, the strongest areas of the university are:
Finnish universities do not guarantee a place in residences; foreign students are looking for housing on their own.
The university is located in the Finnish city of Turku. Turku and the neighboring city of Vaasa are large student centers: every fourth inhabitant of Turku is an employee or student of the academy, in Vaasa every fifth inhabitant is a university student.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.