Since its founding on May 18, 1970, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) has not only fulfilled its founding fathers' dream of providing Malay as a language of instruction, but has also successfully trained intellectuals and scholars who have become the pride of the nation. Starting with 3 faculties, the university has grown to 13 faculties, 13 research institutes of excellence and two commercial enterprises - UKM Holdings Sdn. Bhd. and UKM Technology Sdn. Bhd. It has grown not only in size but also in status, becoming a research institute in various fields of research, including the management of research centers.
UKM offers over 70 undergraduate degree programs across 13 faculties.
National University of Malaysia's residential colleges is the ideal place to find like-minded people and friendships, creating the right environment for living and learning. The University of Malaysia offers accommodation in 12 residential colleges (dormitories).
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia's mission is to maintain a safe, healthy, attractive campus environment for students, faculty, staff, UKM visitors by providing everything you need under one roof.
The Student Affairs Center can help if you need information, advice, guidance or support on general non-academic matters.
Students have access to sports and entertainment activities, a counseling service, a student committee.
The main campus is located in the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) area close to Putrajaya and Cyberjaya, which have been a catalyst for UKM's information technology development.
The library was founded simultaneously with the university in 1970: it connects an information network with clients to fulfill the requirements of learning, teaching, research. The library has over 3.7 million collections, including printed books, magazines, books, dissertations and media collections. In the library there is a reading area and a comfortable discussion room for studying and relaxing with friends.
Among the services provided are the Internet, information technology, banking, post office, cafeteria.
International students who are interested in enrolling in full-time educational programs must apply through the UKM online application, which opens in December each year.
Currently, only 1% of places are allocated for international students, all undergraduate courses at UKM use Malay as the language of instruction.
For admission to an educational institution, the applicant must provide information about previous academic performance and exam results:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.