National Kaohsiung First University of Science & Technology
Description of National Kaohsiung First University of Science & Technology
National Kaohsiung First University of Science & Technology (NKFUST) is a public higher education institution located in Taiwan. The University has been active in scientific and academic activities since 1995. Now the main building of the university is located on the territory of a small campus in Kaohsiung.
It is about a medium-sized institution of higher education, where about 7,000 people take courses annually. The teaching staff of the university is about 500 teachers of the highest category. Student exchange programs are available for students and teachers.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in National Kaohsiung First University of Science & Technology
Every year the university proves its right to be among the best, entering the top 50 universities in Taiwan. In addition, the university has not left the top universities in the world for several years.
Facilities and equipment at National Kaohsiung First University of Science & Technology
Higher education students have at their disposal a large research library and space in a comfortable and accessible dormitory on campus.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Every year students are admitted by a special admissions committee. In this case, each applicant must pass the entrance exams. Both locals and foreign students always apply for places at the university on the same conditions. The university is one of the most stringent because the competition is quite tough. Five applicants simultaneously apply for the place of each student.
Tuition at University
As in most universities in the country, the academic year is divided into two semesters. Tuition is paid here. Two forms of education are available to students - full-time and distance.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about National Kaohsiung First University of Science & Technology
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.