Mihammadiyah University of Malang
Description of Mihammadiyah University of Malang
- Location: Malang, Indonesia
- Year of foundation: 1965
- Language of instruction: Indonesian, English
- Number of students: more than 30 000
- Type of eduaction: mixed.
Mihammadiyah University of Malang (UMM) is a private university in Indonesia.
Having received accreditation (BAN-PT 2017), UMM with the slogan "From Muhammadiya for the Nation" now has 10 faculties with 60 curricula, including:
- 35 undergraduate programs
- 11 pre-degree programs
- 3 directions of doctoral studies
- 4 professional courses.
The staff of the university consists of teachers and staff: permanent and contract. Many scientific advisers have the title of honorary teachers. Employees work on a permanent, contract, part-time or outsourced basis, which allows to attract students who have fulfilled the academic plan to the work of the university.
More than 34,000 students study here every year.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Mihammadiyah University of Malang
Accommodation, meals, prices
UMM provides Rusunawa student dormitories in 2 places:
- Rusunawa I
Built in collaboration with the State Ministry of Public Housing in 2008 and located in the north of UMM Campus III.
The building consists of 4 four-storey blocks: block A for 240 people, block B for 192 people. Residential furnished rooms for 3-4 people measuring 5.2x4.2 m are equipped with bathrooms. The buildings have a kitchen, rooms for worship, hall, parking, garden, round-the-clock Wi-Fi and security.
- Rusunawa II
The four-storey dormitory built in 2010 is located next to the Campus III stadium. Up to 285 people can live here at the same time.
Activities Mihammadiyah University of Malang
In order to support the various activities of the academic community as much as possible, UMM provides various opportunities for extracurricular activities: discussions and conferences, creativity and sports, cooking, scientific research.
- Sports sections: football, volleyball, basketball, martial arts, etc.
- Department of nature lovers – climbing, kayaking, hiking tours, etc.
- Creative circles: music, group performances, choir, dance, cinema, fine arts, etc.
Professional student clubs:
- Student Regiment – development of civil defense and general resistance in partnership with the Ministry of the Interior of Indonesia
- Red Cross – Students' Medical Association
- Scout – volunteer activity, search party
- English Club – an international gathering of students to improve their knowledge of foreign languages
- Entrepreneurs' Club: Association for the Support of All Student Events
- University press, development of journalism skills.
- One of the top 20 universities in Indonesia
- International accreditation.
Facilities and equipment at Mihammadiyah University of Malang
Malang is a student city with 80 campuses of various universities, so there is an academic atmosphere. Natural relief, friendliness of people and harmonious culture - these are the main atmospheric attractions of the city.
UMM has three campuses located in different parts of Malang. In the academic sphere, the latest technologies are used to keep the learning process in step with the times. Dozens of UMM application labs are ready to provide world-class learning experience. Also in the buildings are equipped:
- 4 libraries — more than 200 000 books, scientific journals
- Self-learning areas covered by Wi-Fi
- Student Dormitories
- Medical center, polyclinic
- Sports facilities: grounds for team games, running tracks, swimming pools of different depths, stadiums, climbing areas, etc.
- Conference Halls
- Bank, ATMs
- Counseling centers.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education takes place in semesters:
- Odd semester: March-December
- Even semester: January-August.
The academic program includes 4 periods:
- January 23-February 27
- April 24-June 5
- July 24-August 28
- October 23-November 27.
Students rest on international, national holidays.
Additional costs include:
- Books, consumables
- Accommodation, meals
- Personal expenses (mobile communication, clothes, rest, etc.)
- Student Associations
- Medical care.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enroll in the bachelor's degree, the applicant must provide:
- Statement on the official website of the university
- Certificate of secondary education
- Paid registration fee – from 28 to 52$
- Certificates of non-academic achievements (if any)
- Health certificate (in-depth examinations for medical programs).
Future masters need to submit an application on the website along with the following documents:
- Bachelor's Degree Diploma
- Letters of recommendation from scientific supervisors
- Health certificate
- Paid registration fee = $52.
Students from other countries should attach certificates of knowledge of the English language (TOEFL / IELTS), a study visa, a foreign passport to the general package of documents.
Applications are accepted until June to mid-August.
Scholarships Mihammadiyah University of Malang
UMM provides several options for material support and incentives for students:
- PPUT – coverage of the full cost of annual education for passing tests
- Academic Achievement Scholarship
- Payments for orphans
- KNB Master's Award
- Darmasiswa Scholarship for International Students
- Scholarship program for Asian and African students.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Mihammadiyah University of Malang
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.