Description of Airlangga University
- Established: 1954
- Location: Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
- Students age: from 17 years old
- Number of students: 35 985 people.
- Language of instruction: Indonesian, English
- Type of study: state university.
Airlang University was named after King Airlang, who ruled the eastern part of the archipelagos of Indonesia from 1019 to 1042. The university was founded in 1954: today it has 11 faculties and postgraduate programs covering natural, medical, social sciences. An independent, innovative and cutting-edge university operates regionally and globally.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Airlangga University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Airlangga University helps to accommodate international students. Bathroom and laundry facilities are reserved for several rooms; additional charges apply for using your own electrical appliances.
Activities Airlangga University
- Airlangga University conducts research in the field of medical, social, natural sciences. Researchers have achieved outstanding results in the study of stem cells, tropical diseases, pharmacy, social sciences.
- The Faculty of Medicine at Universitas Airlangga dates back to before Indonesia gained independence. The medical school was founded in 1913 as the Nederlandsch Indische Artsen School (NIAS). Universitas Airlangga medical scientists have been able to solve various health problems in Indonesia. Most of the physicians who have dedicated their lives to providing medical services at Dr. Soetomo General Hospital, the largest specialized hospital in East Java, graduated from UNAIR School of Medicine.
- The teaching staff of Airlang includes 2,105 teachers, of whom 14.5% have a doctorate, and 63.5% are masters and specialists. There are 167 active professors working here, about 24 600 students are studying.
- Universitas Airlangga encourages students to be more open by inviting foreign to participate in academic, cultural programs: AMERTA (Academic Mobility Exchange for Students at Airlangga), CERIA (Community Empowerment Program at Airlangga), AIRVENTURE Summer Program, Indonesian Heritage Program, Summer in SURA-BALI, INDIAIR and many other individual programs.
Facilities and equipment at Airlangga University
Airlangga University is based on 3 campuses in Surabaya, Indonesia.
- Campus A (Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry) is located near the Surabaya Central Hospital.
- Campus B is where the faculties of social sciences, law, economics, political sciences, psychology, cultural studies are located. There is also a pharmaceutical faculty, a Central Library, postgraduate educational programs, a Health Center, a Quality Assurance Center, and an Institute for Education and Development.
- The main administration office is located on Campus C, the university's newest building. It houses the faculties of veterinary medicine, medicine, science, technology, public health, the Institute of Tropical Diseases, the Planning and Development Council, the Institute for Research, Public Works, and the university publishing house.
Admission dates and extra charges
Registration fee is $ 21-35.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants must provide:
- Certificate of secondary education
- Documents confirming the accuracy of the information provided during online registration
- Document confirming the possibility of paying a semester fee
- Personal identification (national card / license / passport / student ID)
- Photo (plain background)
- Language proficiency certificate.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Airlangga University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.