Lingnan University (LU) is the only privately owned public university for the humanities in Hong Kong (China). The institution of higher education was formed on the basis of the Catholic College in 1888. In all faculties of the University of Lingnan, training is conducted on a fee basis.
To date, Lingnan University is considered the largest private institution in China. In the national ranking, he is in the top 10 best institutions, while occupying the 7th place. Among international universities, he is now at 642 positions. In 2015, the University of Lingnan was elected one of the “Top 10 Asian Art Colleges” by Forbes. LU was the first university in Hong Kong to achieve its goal of providing free 4-year full-time residence for all students. Applicants from different countries of the world want to become students of this institution. At Lingnan University it is actively used:
The institution has a high rate of quality education. Thanks to this, university graduates enjoy a good reputation among large international companies. Most of the scientists from this institution are foreign specialists who have been nominated for various awards and grants.
Among the famous graduates:
Listed here are only the most popular individuals who studied at this institution.
The main campus of Lingnan University is geographically located in the progressive city of Hong Kong. The training center includes:
The students of the institution can use a large library, computer classes, a sports club, a cultural institution, canteens and a hostel.
The university is a member of such well-known associations such as the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning and the Association of Christian Universities and Colleges in Asia.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.