The program is designed for 2.3 or 4 weeks of stay (according to the student's wishes and capabilities) and is conducted on the basis of CATS Academy Boston (the campus was recently renovated and updated). This course is quite intensive (30 lessons weekly): it was designed for active, independent, ambitious students with a good level of academic preparation. In small classes (12-15 students), students pay attention to the following aspects of training:
- Leadership qualities and at the same time - the skill of successful work in the team
- Requirements for applicants in the best American universities
- Rules for the preparation of the package of introductory documents: the deadline for applications and dates for consideration
- Increasing the level of academic English: active expansion of lexical stock, improvement of knowledge of grammar, phonetics (correct pronunciation and correction of accent); Difficult and complex grammatical forms, modern aspects of spoken English, common idioms and their correct application
- Introduction to the tests SAT and ACT - they are surrendered by almost all applicants in United States . Together with the teachers, students will analyze the structure and characteristics of each test, its typical difficulties and the "pitfalls" in each section: subject, written, mathematical, verbal
- Valuable academic skills: time management, efficient and rapid note-taking, Art and skill of public speaking, preparation and conducting of presentations.
In free from class hours students not only have a rest, but also go on excursions on campus of the universities entering into the treasured Ivy League: a visit is plannedYale , Brown, Harvard and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
During the training, all students live directly on the territory of CATS Academy Boston on a full board basis (rooms in residences, three meals a day). Please note: for admission to the summer course the student must confirm a sufficiently high level of English -IELTS from 4.0 or TOEFL from 40 and above.
The course is conducted during the period of July 9 to August 6. The cost of the program is:
- 2 weeks = 3750 $
- 3 weeks = 5625 $
- 4 weeks = $ 7500.
In the indicated cost already Includes study programs, accommodation and meals (full board), as well as program excursions planned for the program. Additional payments are due (not included in the total cost):
- Round trip air tickets
- Transfer in both directions
- Additional excursions and leisure activities (optional)
- Consular fee (paid at the Embassy )
- Visa fees and services, translation and certification of documents
- Compulsory health insurance
- Personal pocket expenses.