Toronto is the largest city in Canada and provides a wide range of educational institutions for students. Language programs provide mainly for learning English: it is one of the official languages in Canada, the second language is French. Also Toronto is a very developed and interesting city, therefore the excursion program is always very rich and interesting for students.
A trip to a language camp is an opportunity to plunge into the language environment, find new friends around the world, get new knowledge and practice a foreign language in communication with native speakers. Everyone gets the necessary amount of attention to achieve good results during their stay in school. Special summer programs for students are an opportunity to combine rest and study: children significantly increase their language and academic level of knowledge, and daily entertainment will not let them get bored during the holidays.
Leisure in children's camps in Canada and Toronto
On the territory of the camps, everything necessary for proper rest, accommodation and training is located, additional sections, mugs are organized, master classes are regularly held:
- circle of theatrical mastery
- club of debate
- a group of young investors
- ecological club
- scientific laboratories
- table tennis (ping-pong)
- swimming in the pool
- hiking and trekking.
- Niagara Falls
- Castle Casa Loma
- the tallest building of CN Tower
- Canada's Wonderland Park
- Vasaga beach
- cruise on the river Ontario
- center of the harborfront
- watching the Toronto Blue Jays baseball game
- Ontario Art Gallery
- the Royal Ontario Museum.
The closer the camp is to the developed, large and interesting city of Toronto, the more opportunities for leisure and sightseeing!
Depending on the school's capabilities and pupils' preferences, there are different options for accommodation for the summer:
- residency on campus
- The host family of the teacher with individual lessons
- host family.
Courses for students
Educational institutions offer a wide range of summer programs for foreign students with different levels of language skills. Language practice continues after lessons: during communication with other students, when communicating with local residents, during excursions and other visiting trips. The progress of knowledge is monitored regularly so that, if necessary, it is possible to adjust the individual training plan and achieve maximum results. At the end of the course, the student receives a certificate confirming his level of knowledge. Upon successful completion of the course, graduates of some schools can receive a prestigious OSSD diploma, which guarantees a high level of preparation - it allows you to enter certain universities without exams.
Successful students enter the following educational institutions:
- University of Waterloo
- University of Toronto
- McMaster University
- Ryerson University
- York university
- The University of British Columbia
- University of Alberta.
The trip of students to a summer camp abroad is a huge contribution of parents to the intellectual development of children.
Examples of prestigious camps Toronto
- Columbia International College. The curriculum is developed individually for each student and has the goal to reveal the full potential, to reveal new talents. Progress is carefully monitored throughout the education: for the foreign students use the Total Care Education System program, which helps to develop the student from an academic, sporting, creative, intellectual and psychological point of view.
- St. Giles Junior summer school in Toronto is located in a green park zone, 40 minutes from Toronto and has a high ranking among prestigious schools. A summer English course is available for children from 9 to 17 years old. The entertainment program consists of sports activities, creative pursuits, beach recreation and interesting activities on the campus; 4 excursions are provided each week.
- Summer Camp Michael's City Residential Campus is located in the historic district of the city: in summer, national events and festivals are held in which participants of the summer camp can participate. This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the cultural environment of Canada, to communicate with local residents. The camp program as a whole pays much attention to culture, in order to acquaint foreign students with the peculiarities and traditions of Canada.
- Bronte College is one of the best private boarding schools in Canada: it is accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education, and the main goal of education here is to fully reveal the talents and potential of each student in any accessible field: academic, creative, sports, public. The duration of the course is 3-4 weeks, designed for children from 10 to 17 years. The lively center of Canada is only 20 minutes away, which provides a rich and exciting excursion block.
- LSI Language School in Toronto offers combined vacation programs aimed at students with any level of knowledge from 13 to 17 years. The campus is located in the center of a metropolis near a green park. Summer and winter English courses can be combined with a cultural program - so, at any time of the year, organize a trip to Niagara Falls.
- Home Language International. You live in a qualified teacher's family, work with him on an individual language program and constantly have the opportunity to communicate with his family. The program is available for students from 12 years (from 12 to 15 years, special supervision and guardianship is required by Canadian law). You can learn not only English, but also the culture of Canada, and you can come by this program all year round and even for Christmas.