St. Giles Junior summer school in Toronto, based at St Andrew's College, is a 40-minute drive from the city center. The campus is located in a picturesque place in the park zone. Here students are offered excellent staying conditions. The summer school in Toronto has everything you need for an interesting and useful vacations. The college, where the school is based, is one of the oldest schools in Canada.
The school is known for high quality academic preparation. Courses at St. Giles Junior summer school are an excellent opportunity to plunge into the Canadian educational environment, make new friends, practice English in communication with native speakers.
Brief information. Holiday English course, including academic, excursion blocks for maximum disclosure of the language potential of students.
About the course. Program with an intensity of employment of 18 or 20 h / week. Is oriented towards single-minded students. In the classroom they are given the opportunity to study grammar, vocabulary, develop reading skills, writing. Extra-curricular activities complement the program. They are of a learning character, they allow students to improve their skills, to consolidate their knowledge in the lessons.
Students age: 9 to 17 years.
Start date: 02.07 - 30.07.
Admission requirements: beginner level of English.
Learning outcomes: mastery of spoken English, development of common language skills, familiarity with the sights of the Canadian metropolis , Its environs.
Class size: 15 people.
Lesson duration: 50 minutes.
Cost: 1630 kan dollars a week, including accommodation in a double residence, Meals 3 times a day, study 25 lessons per week, day trips, sports and entertainment events in the lunch and evening.
Students of summer courses are accommodated in the residence for 2 people in the room. Conveniences are in the building in common use, as well as rest rooms, kitchens. Wi-Fi is available at the residence and the entire campus.
A three-time meal is offered to students at the school. The menu - traditional Canadian, European dishes. There is also a choice of dietary, vegetarian menus.
Entertainment program in the summer school is represented by discos, cinema, parties, shopping, beach recreation. Sports - football, squash, basketball. Creative - facultative and master classes in arts and crafts.
The excursion program provides for 4 excursions per week. One of them is designed for a full day. During the trips, students can get acquainted with the sights of Toronto, see Niagara Falls, Casa Loma, SiN Tower, and many other interesting sites of the metropolis and the region.
The program provides morning classes. In evenings there is interesting leisure.
The school has modern auditoriums with computer equipment, interactive boards, also a media center and creative workshops are open in the building. For relaxation there is a cozy living room, for meals - a spacious dining room. Residential infrastructure is a comfortable residence. Sports - fields for team games, indoor pool, sports complex, squash courts.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.