- Learn English in Cambridge - study and vacation abroad
- Tuition fees of studying English in Cambridge
Cambridge is an ancient city in eastern England, which is perfect for learning English in a natural environment for students. This is the second truly student city in Britain, where there are many colleges, institutes, including the famous Cambridge University, as well as linguistic centers and schools.
Language camps for foreign students are a very popular format for studying English abroad. Therefore, during vacation time and summer, dozens of students from 13 to 18 years old come to Cambridge for different academic purposes: someone wants to have a fun vacation, students strive to bring up English for study, and high school students - to enter the university of dreams. In Cambridge there are the best, prestigious and elite language schools and camps that provide the highest quality educational services, so it will not be difficult to find the best option suitable for different requirements (age, financial possibilities) in this British city.
Learn English in Cambridge - study and vacation abroad
Cambridge Linguistic Camps work not only in the summer months, but also during the winter holidays, so anyone can choose to study English as a summer or a winter season. In addition to the time of the year, schools for learning English offer a variety of thematic programs - not only linguistic, but also sports, creative or adventure: this format allows you to combine academic lessons with learning English and other activities. Also, SMAPSE notes that foreign educational courses and language schools accept students with very different levels of English, so they will be perfect even for students with low language knowledge
According to the format of educational vacation and summer camps abroad are divided into 24-hour and day-time. Language schools of the first type place students on campus and provide meals at full board. In camps full-time students are only for a day without living and with a one-time meal (lunch). In the accommodation issue, there are also several options available: it is a student hostel, or a host family. The daily routine in Cambridge language camps is similar: before lunch students spend their time learning English in small groups of 10-15 people, and in the afternoon there is a sports and entertainment program (team sports, bowling, cinema, canoeing and so on ).
In Cambridge, there are especially popular language schools, where a large number of students of different ages come to summer:
- Studio Cambridge. The language school offers students 7 types of summer programs and one camp year-round format, organized in different cities of Great Britain. In Cambridge, there are educational programs for learning English called Sir George and Sir Michael. The location is the main building of the Studio Cambridge school along Station Road. Another program - Sir Laurence - is organized on the basis of Lucy Cavendish College, which is also part of Cambridge University. The educational course of Sir Christopher is organized on the territory of the colleges of Ridley Hall College and Newnham College. The listed educational courses are suitable for students from 13 to 19 years.
- Select English. This language school, located in Cambridge, conducts language courses for students since 1991, including educational programs for the summer. In the student city, language camps are divided in age and are located in different city locations. So, the Culford camp at full board for students aged 12-16 is located at the same name Culford Hall, a 45-minute journey from Cambridge. For younger students (from 7 to 13 years old) operates the summer language school Barnardiston Hall. For elder students from 14 to 17 years old, the educational center offers participation in the Cambridge Juniors program. Accommodation of students can be arranged in an English host family, or at the residence of a language camp.
- European Center (EC). It is an international network of language schools with more than 30 years of experience. Vacation program in the summer months suitable for students from 13 to 17 years. Classes are held at the Chesterton Community College, located 20 minutes from the city center. The English language course at the EC summer camp in Cambridge includes up to 20 hours a week. In addition, a joint education program for children and parents is available. Lessons are held in the first half of the day from Monday to Friday, and on the weekend the students are waiting for excursions and a rich cultural and entertainment program.
- BELL The Leys School. One of the educational summer programs of the Bell Language Center takes place in Cambridge at the prestigious private school The Leys School. The campus of the educational institution is located in the heart of the university city of Cambridge, very close to the famous university, which is included in the top of the best higher schools in the world. The territory of The Leys School is well equipped - it has everything you need for comfortable education, rest and sports. The teaching staff is made up of graduates from Cambridge. The age category of the students of this linguistic school is 11-17 years old.
- Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts (CSVPA). This prestigious art school offers its students all the directions necessary for obtaining education in creative areas: bachelor's, master's, diploma programs. In the summer months, students come here who want to gain new knowledge in the field of graphic design, illustration, fashion, design in 3D, as well as in the direction of music, choreography or theatrical skill. Summer language school CSVPA in Cambridge is aimed at high school students who want to prepare for entering the university in the specialty of creative direction.
Of course, this is not all the top schools in Cambridge - you can find the full list with linguistic schools on SMAPSE website.
Tuition fees of studying English in Cambridge
The cost of linguistic camps for foreign students will depend on several factors: the season, the chosen curriculum, the type of residence and the variety of the extracurricular program. The duration of the standard educational course at a language school abroad is 2 weeks. Education in the camp with a boarding (round-the-clock stay in the territory) will average from 1,200 £ to 1,600 £. In addition to accommodating students in the campus hostel, many schools offer host families for these purposes. A separate item of expenditure for foreign students will be the preparation of necessary documentation - a visa, medical insurance - and the purchase of air tickets in both directions.