Studio Cambridge - Sir Laurence Summer Camp is open on the basis of the Lucy Cavendish school. For more than 40 years, this college has been accepting students from all over the world. Lucy Cavendish school is located in 10-minutes walk from the center of Cambridge. Not far from the campus there are the university buildings and famous Cambridge colleges. Staying in Lucy Cavendish school provides immersion in the unique student environment of one of the most famous educational centers of England, Europe and the world.
The camp opens its doors to students of all nationalities. Those wishing to learn and / or improve English, can spend an unforgettable vacation here, communicating with peers, traveling in Britain, studying the language under guidance of experienced teachers.
At a Glance. Intensive English course for students wishing to quickly achieve high academic results.
About the course. Program with academic load of 28 hours / week. Includes classical academic studies, lessons in the form of trainings, discussions, presentations, debates, seminars, and other interactive activities. They focus on developing spoken English skills. The necessary attention is also paid to the study of vocabulary, syntax, and grammar.
Students age: 14 to 17.
Start dates: 28.06 -23.08 (from 2 weeks).
Requirements for enrollment: English - at least beginner level.
Learning outcomes: development of listening skills and printed texts in a foreign language, delivered pronunciation, in-depth knowledge of the basics of English grammar, and the practice of spoken English.
Class size: up to 12 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
Price (all included):
The camp guests are accommodated in the main residence of Lucy Cavendish. It has 50 rooms, each for 2 students. Facilities are shared at the rate of 1 bathroom for 4 students. Food is full board.
Cognitive and recreational activities make learning in Sir Laurence Camp interesting and effective. Students enjoy parties, karaoke, show programs, and much more. Day activities include sports (individual studying, team games), mugs, creativity, joint trips to Cambridge. Excursions (1 per week) include visits to London, Brighton, Oxford, Windsor, Canterbury, Stratford-upon-Avon, and many other interesting places in Britain.
Lessons end at 15:30 pm.
The camp has 6 classes, a computer center with Internet, a recreation room. Also in the camp there are several picturesque gardens. The sports infrastructure available to students at Sir Laurence. It is located in a 20-minute walk from the academic building and residence.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.