Kokshetau University named after Abay Myrzakhmetov
Description of Kokshetau University named after Abay Myrzakhmetov
- Founded: 1962
- Location: Kokshetau, Kazakhstan
- Number of students: about 8,000
- Rating in the country: 17
- Language of instruction: Russian, Kazakh, English.
Kokshetau University is one of the leading higher education institutions in Kazakhstan.
The teaching staff of the university includes about 500 experienced specialists, among whom there are doctors of sciences (21), 16 professors, candidates of sciences (86), doctors (7), masters (190) and associate professors (42).
The university participates in an international student exchange program and carries out common research projects with universities in other countries.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kokshetau University named after Abay Myrzakhmetov
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students can choose for themselves several housing options: one of 5 dormitories from the university, a separate room in the apartment, rental of their own 1-2 room apartments. The price for accommodation depends on the selected area, location, amenities, etc.
- Estimated housing costs are $ 100-180 per month.
- Food costs up to $ 180 per month.
Facilities and equipment at Kokshetau University named after Abay Myrzakhmetov
The educational institution is divided into 4 campuses. On their territory there is a private library, a dining room and several gyms with exercise machines, and for basketball, volleyball, rhythmic gymnastics and wrestling there are additional separate areas.
Students also have at their disposal reading rooms, museums, 5 cafes with Internet access, and about 30 computer classes. All classrooms are equipped with modern technology and everything necessary for the learning process.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university is divided into 2 academic semesters.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the university, applicants must provide a certificate of secondary general education (for undergraduate studies) or a diploma of higher education (for magistracy, doctoral studies). Additionally, entrance exams are required.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Kokshetau University named after Abay Myrzakhmetov
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.