Kazakh National University Al Farabi
Description of Kazakh National University Al Farabi
- Founded: 1934
- Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Language of instruction: Russian, Kazakh
- Number of students: about 18,000
- Rating in Kazakhstan: 1.
For many years, Al Farabi Kazakh National University has consistently occupied the first line in the ranking of the country's universities, is included in the top 5% of the planet's universities - by studying here, you can gain modern knowledge and start a career in the largest companies in the world: employers appreciate the graduates of this university.
The university has 16 faculties, the most popular of which are:
- International relations
- Physical and technical
- Economics and business
- Medicine and Health
- Information technologies
- Philology and World Languages
- Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics.
There are more than 3000 teachers, two thirds of them are candidates and doctors of sciences, academicians, and winners of prestigious international prizes. The university collaborates with more than 400 universities around the world on exchange programs. A university among foreigners is popular: there are more than 7% of them.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kazakh National University Al Farabi
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university has 16 dormitories equipped with everything necessary: living and studying here is comfortable and quiet. You can eat in any cafe of the university - it is tasty and inexpensive.
Activities Kazakh National University Al Farabi
On the territory of the university, modern sports grounds and gyms are opened where you can enroll in various sections or work out independently by maintaining good shape and health. Students are organized in interest groups, developing their talents and abilities.
Facilities and equipment at Kazakh National University Al Farabi
The pride of the university is 32 research institutes and centers involved in the development and research in various fields: medicine, chemistry, physics and so on. Important discoveries that improve people's lives are constantly being made here. A library and computer classes are available for students.
Admission dates and extra charges
As in other universities of Kazakhstan, the academic year is divided into semesters: at the end of each, an examination week is held. Additional costs for food, communication, transportation and other needs will be from $ 185 per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The university carefully selects candidates: entrance examinations and grades in the document on previous education play a large role - in the school certificate or from the first university (diploma, time sheet with grades).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Kazakh National University Al Farabi
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.