Semey Semipalatinsk State University Shakarim (SSU) was founded in 1995 and inherited its long and rich history as a result of the combination of technological (1963) pedagogical (1934) and veterinary (1952) institutes. SSU trains specialists of a wide range of demanded specialties in the fields of business and law, natural sciences, social sciences and humanities and technical sciences in multilevel training in more than 40 areas of undergraduate studies, several areas of special higher education, 30 areas of magistracy and 7 areas of doctoral studies.
The university offers undergraduate programs in the following areas:
The university offers master's programs in the following areas:
The university offers doctoral programs in the following areas:
In their free time, SSU students can realize their creative potential by participating in the Alliance of Kazakhstan Students, KVN, Parasat and Congress Debate Clubs, Enactus Team and other youth organizations.
The educational institution is located in the East Kazakhstan region, the city of Semey.
The material and technical base of SSU includes its own library and sports facilities.
The university has a two-semester academic year.
To enter the university you must:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.