Islamic University of Jember
Description of Islamic University of Jember
- Location: Djember, Indonesia
- Year of foundation: 1985
- Language of instruction: Indonesian
- Number of students: more than 1700
- Type of education: mixed.
The Islamic University of Jember (UNEJ) was founded in 1984-1985 as a college with five faculties:
- Social, political sciences
- Teacher education
- Faculty of Tarbia – education, upbringing.
Over time, new departments were opened at the university, new programs were accepted for study: by 2021, UNEJ has 14 programs, 7 faculties.
Currently, UNEJ is one of the leading educational institutions in Indonesia. About 1700 students study here, the teaching staff includes 107 lecturers, 7 doctors of sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Islamic University of Jember
Activities Islamic University of Jember
Scientific conferences, festivals, creative events, research competitions are regularly held for students: in 2020, two outstanding students were awarded for the best reports in the field of mathematics.
- Included in the TOP-5 best universities in the national ranking
- Cooperates with world educational organizations.
Facilities and equipment at Islamic University of Jember
The university has two campuses, both located in Jember Regensey. Among the buildings of the faculties there are libraries, cafeterias, laboratories, premises for events.
UNEJ also manages two institutes:
- Institute for Research, Public Works
- Institute for the Study and Development of Aswaja An-Nahdliyah.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year contains two semesters:
- Autumn: August-January
- Spring: February-July.
After each period of study, a number of examinations are held.
In additional expenses of students:
- Books, consumables
- Medical care
- Household expenses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the bachelor's degree, applicants will need:
- Certificate of secondary education
- Official transcript
- ACT/SAT Standardized Test Results
- Registration fee.
Future doctoral students should be provided with:
- Master's Degree
- Registration fee
- Transcripts of courses taken
- GRE/GMAT results
- Essay/personal statement: work experience, research publications, curriculum, etc.
Each program has separate requirements for the results of entrance examinations.
Scholarships Islamic University of Jember
Students are provided with material support in paying for tuition and accommodation, as well as in the presence of social indicators, a difficult life situation. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic, extracurricular, research success.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Islamic University of Jember
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.