Open University (UT) is the 45th public university in Indonesia, opened on September 4, 1984 by Decree of the President of the Republic of Indonesia. UT has 4 faculties:
Since 2004, UT has opened a master's degree in graduate school, and in 2019 a doctoral program has opened.
The number of students enrolled in 2021 is 310,974. Most students are under 25 years of age, students aged 40 and above - 11%. Disciplines are conducted by a composition of teachers in 772 people.
UT implements a system of distance and open learning. The process of education is not carried out face to face, but uses the media: printed (modules) and non-printed (audio/video, computer/Internet). "Openlearning" – there are no restrictions on age, year of obtaining a diploma, duration of study and other criteria.
Accommodation is provided to all students in Pusat Bisnis.
UT has many rooms for training and additional education of students:
Training takes place in the system of semester credits (SKS). Each course is estimated at 1-6 credits. One semester is a unit of time for educational activities for about 16 weeks, and 1 credit = 1 hour of practice and lectures per week.
UT has year-round enrollment of new students, but there are still priority dates for applying - from February 11 to July 15 / from August 10 to February 24, depending on the desired semester.
The University annually selects outstanding students to encourage their academic interests and academic success.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.